In a secretly recorded video, GOP Oregon lawmaker tells protesters how he will help them enter closed state Capitol

Deepfake! I can hear the pixels.

7 Likes

I mean Lauren Boebert was live-tweeting Nancy Pelosi’s whereabouts during the insurrection, so… yeah.

20 Likes

And her and several other congress folks were literally giving tours to insurrectionists the day before.

18 Likes

Unsurprisingly, he later had “a really bad case of covid”, as he doesn’t like wearing masks.

2 Likes

Something about his approach to this seems vaguely familiar… It was a lot more amusing in the original than in his reenactment, though.

“Sedition!!!”
Ya ba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dum

download (3)

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m confused - surely even he isn’t so dumb as to think his wink-and-a-nod denials actually work in this kind of context (where he’s spelling out the plan, step by step)? Was he just making a “little joke” about being involved in a conspiracy? (That backfired when he ended up on video?)

Maybe they can add some “conspiracy” charges?

5 Likes
4 Likes

In the pokey? Isn’t treason the only federal crime with a death sentence?

2 Likes

Isn’t it funny how some folks who believe everything’s a conspiracy are the ones most likely to participate in a conspiracy themselves?

4 Likes

I…I can’t even dad joke this one. And I’m a champ at those.

1 Like

He thought he was telling them “off the record”, what he was going to do, but that they should never mention it, and pretend he was never involved, and to warn them that he would deny deny deny any knowledge of the event, and once they were inside, they should not expect any more backing from him, as he was going to pretend to not know who they were or what was going on. All that “I didn’t say this, I was never here, and this never happened” was what he saw in the movies and he thought they’d understand the reference and take the hint. Unfortunately for him, Camera Guy did not take the hint.

6 Likes

and clear evidence of dumming.

What is he, from the “if I ask if you’re a narc, and you’re a narc, you have to say you’re a narc” school of constitutional law?

6 Likes

Mr. Nearman, who was the only no vote, had faced rising pressure from his Republican colleagues to resign from office this week,

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.