Rep. Loudermilk whips up amusing excuses on why Capitol "tourists" took pictures of the stairwell (video)

Originally published at: Rep. Loudermilk whips up amusing excuses on why Capitol "tourists" took pictures of the stairwell (video) | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Now this guy is dumb enough that the Justice Department might follow up on the committee’s work and go after him. They love a low-effort high-profile win in the name of protecting the republic.

18 Likes

I have to say, Loudermilk wasn’t even on my insurrectionist radar, much less my bingo card for who was leading one of the “tours for traitors.” (That’s probably going to turn out to be true for most of the congresscritters involved.)

I’m wondering if he didn’t expect to get caught, or he’s just really that bad at coming up with excuses in general…

18 Likes

I suspect he’s stupid enough to believe other people are even more stupid than he is. Scary

13 Likes

I think it’s called “plausible deniability,” even if it doesn’t really seem all that plausible.

4 Likes

When you consider the level of intelligence required to reject all logic and vote for him is slightly above the level needed to enter a voting booth, he’s not wrong. He’s constantly surrounding himself with people that are much more stupid than he is.

Unfortunately for Loudestmouth, no one that stupid is on the January 6th Committee.

6 Likes

I think the Congressional Police might have been a bit premature at dismissing this as “not suspicious”…

9 Likes
2 Likes

But fortunately for him, trump and the rest of the GQP, the dems are indeed weak and feckless.
I wish it weren’t so, but ain’t shit gonna happen (thanks to whoever on BB first posted this for me to see).

1 Like
3 Likes

How about the question of “the capital was closed due to covid and NO tours were even allowed, how was this tour able to?”
looking forward to the ethics committee kicking him out of congress.

7 Likes

He might not have had a clue why they wanted a tour, just that someone told him that he should do it.

Proving that or getting him to flip might be difficult.

4 Likes

Kind of a shame that they used footage of a fireproof stairway to illustrate the myth. An Escherian stairwell would violate the fire code, and one might think that a architectural folly would be less dreary,

1 Like

Hasn’t anyone tried to duplicate the photos the “tour group” was taking? Seems like they could find the same spots based on the videos and see what was actually being photographed. Where’s the “gold eagle holding two candles”?

4 Likes

I’m sure they could subpoena the photos themselves.

4 Likes

True, I guess, but would the photos that were actually taken be the same photos given in response to the subpoena?

3 Likes

Hmmm… time stamps could perhaps be compared?

4 Likes

Yeah, absent getting hold of his personal communications, it probably will be near impossible. But given Trump’s endorsement of him last month, I really don’t think he was clueless.

1 Like

Did Loudermilk ask for a pardon?

2 Likes

Loudermilk. offering up yet another GOP Special… Turd Flambé .

1 Like