You must hear this rapturous, pastoral and unique game score

[Read the post]

That was lovely. I’m sad to relearn that the official music charts in the UK are still as shockingly awful as ever, I don’t understand what makes this “not proper music” simply because it featured on a game (does that make every song licensed for a game “not music” too?) I think I may have to give Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture a go even though it’s not the usual sort of game I play.

The gameplay walkthrough looks absolutely stunning, but it’s a little disappointing that you can’t seem to commandeer vehicles nor enter many buildings.

Excuse me, what does OST stand for? Google does not help. I found a chart for OST singles, but it doesn’t say what that means.

Usually it stands for Original Sound Track.

Any Vogon poetry?

This is the outcome when there are no Gordon Freemans and no crowbars handy to fix an out of control experiment.

This work is indeed lovely both in sound and vision. Unfortunately it induces nausea in me when I try to play it, so I had to give it up. But it is pretty.

I can’t wait for the game to show up on PC. Her soundtrack was half the pleasure of Dear Esther, so I expected as much from this one as well.

Similar idea, but more moody and abstract: http://houseofwire.itch.io/prowl

Really lovely. I’m kind of a sucker for anything with English boy’s choirs, but this is very beautiful.

Listening to it now on Google Music. Very good soundtrack and I can see how it would add to the game. Too bad the game is only on the Playstation though :frowning:

Has a serenity that reminds me of Miyazaki scores.

http://www.gamesradar.com/how-enjoy-everybodys-gone-rapture-real-englishman-explains/

A funny but wistful and nostalgic article for people who will immediately recognise this setting, i can’t imagine many getting a lot of the references if they didn’t grow up in such a place. I heard on the crate and crowbar podcast that it immediately rains any time you visit the caravan park which is just genius [edit: no, i read that in the article but listen anyway because it’s a good gaming podcast].

Oh, and fuck platform exclusives since i can’t play it on pc.

This exactly. It was even announced as a PC game, but now I’ll never get the chance to play it without dropping $400+ dollars, since it’s a PS4 exclusive.

And here I was still waiting to see which platform exclusives would emerge to finally make me decide between the Xbone and PS4. When Fallout 4 was announced on both platforms (as well as PC), I figured I’d just get an Xbone so I could play the remastered Halo 2 campaign. So I bought one just a couple weeks ago.

And now I kinda wish I’d gone the other way. Oh, well. Maybe I’ll get a PS4 later on.

Speaking of Halo 2, that was the first game soundtrack I heard that I liked better than most movie soundtracks. That Marty O’Donnell is a genius.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.