I still disagree. If you are the kind of person that loves to return to the
same place every year and actually use your timeshare it is fine money
wise. Also for $75 a year you can join either Intreval or RCI and trade
your week for somewhere else…This has worked to our benefit 3 times in
St Marrtin, Grand Cayman and St Crouix…Now the trade is only as good
as YOUR timeshare, we are lucky, long ago we took a chance on
Aruba,Now is is highest trade in both companies, and your week of the
year matters as well, again we were lucky I worked seasonal and a Feb
vacation was perfect, and our weeks 7, and 8, are the most valuable.

You are correct about the math in many people.s mistakes. Amount paid
divided by # of years plus maint fee sometimes equals too much and worse
yet is the " floating week, which is code for your never coming when you
really want too. But, check some out and see if you really could rent it
for more than your maint money, if so, probably worth looking harder…

1 Like

Why don’t you just outright buy houses any place you might want to vacation? What are you, poor?

You are presuming A) honest timeshare sellers and B) a well run and desirable timeshare that actually increases in value.

Again, I think your experience is the exception to the general rule. If timeshare’s were really such a good deal there would be no need for high pressure sales tactics. High pressure sales tactics are typically one of the clearest indicators of a really bad deal.

2 Likes

I stayed in a Marriott Village in France once for a few days and turned down an invitation to a presentation re. some kind of “Marriott Club” that sounded a little timesharey to me, being the kind of paranoid person who’s suspicious to the point of cutting-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face etc.

It would have saved €100 off my bill, supposedly, but our time was worth more than that anyhow.

Anyone know where that particular case falls in the skeeviness scale under discussion here? Do other global hotel chains do the same stuff?

Yes, I’m poor…Whats your problem??? Buy a house in Aruba???
Look it is no different than buying a car…There are good deals and some
very bad deals. It is up to you to make the decision…

We had a stay in Maui for nine days in October last year. The grocery stores are highway robbery, so yeah, hitting the Costco is the best thing you could do as soon as you get there if where you’re staying has a kitchen or even a microwave.

Yeah, they say they have a whole itinerary in mind – which as far as I know so far is simply Costco, the beach, Mama’s Fish House, and Roy’s. So I’m open to any thoughts if I get away from the family :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.