Young bird doesn't understand why grub doesn't jump into its mouth

Originally published at: Young bird doesn't understand why grub doesn't jump into its mouth | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Obligs:

21 Likes

I have 3 mynahs (the bird in the video) I rescued as babies. I can attest their confusion is genuine/common. Typically you need to hand feed them for an entire year or more. They’re lil bastards but smart.

14 Likes

I’m having flashbacks to various hilarious stories I’ve read about teenagers going off to college and discovering all the things that didn’t actually happen on their own, that their parents (us. their mother) were doing for them, and now weren’t…

9 Likes

This is the cutest thing I’ve seen in awhile.

Thank you, really needed that.

4 Likes

Gen Z bird

2 Likes

Clearly: needs to call Grub Hub…

12 Likes

Second Pepperpot: Mrs Beethoven used to have to get up at midnight to spur on the mynah bird.

First Pepperpot: Lazy creatures, mynah birds,…

Second Pepperpot: Yes. When Beethoven went deaf the mynah bird just used to mime.

1 Like

my college buddy was a manager at a pizzeria and had to teach a sorority girl how to use a broom.

2 Likes

As someone who’s had birds in my life both domesticated and baby’s found out of the nest ( like this one ) they grow out of it. Hard wired to survive.

I’m thinking of stories where young people not only didn’t know how to do something (i.e. use a broom) but didn’t even realize there was a process that needed to be done in the first place (i.e. that the floor required sweeping, that it wasn’t magically self-cleaning).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.