Young man's PhD research focuses on the historical secrets of summoning fairies

That figure is about 10 or so years old; it’s probably even higher now.

30% of Americans apparently believe that Earth is flat.

1 Like

I’ll leave this here.

3 Likes

The great Kabbalist Gershom Scholem or his associate Saul Lieberman is said to have remarked “Nonsense is nonsense. But the history of nonsense is scholarship.”

4 Likes

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

tumblr_o0n2lhOtzH1t0qqjbo1_500

1 Like

I can’t believe that I listened to that entire thing. And Carson the Elf who contributes to his book didn’t even appear in the video.

1 Like

How can you be sure that the Elves have left the building?

5 Likes

I confess that I have listened to it multiple times. It has a hypnotic quality and is hilarious all at once.

2 Likes

Just check whether no one has been gnawing on the chopsticks.

1 Like

I don’t know, how can you be sure that the Elves have left the building?

2 Likes

Shit, do I have to come up with a punchline…?

3 Likes

I mean… it seems to me that he’s doing a historical study on a phenomenon that people believed to be real in the past (fairies) and as such it shaped their view and understanding of the world. If someone believes something is real (and so does the society around them), they will act accordingly. It’s a historical phenomenon worth study, because it shaped how people interacted with the world.

4 Likes

Shoot, I hoped that you had one. You only have to come up with one if you want. You could listen to the video again for inspiration!!!

The fairies in Torchwood were scary, too:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.