Your 80's nostalgia merch just got Precious

That’s pretty cool. Do you have any photos of your collection on display that you’re willing to share?

The only Pops that even have a chance of becoming collectible/valuable – I expect – would be the ones that are actually limited in their productions.

ETA and even that doesn’t in any way guarantee that they will be, of course.

2 Likes

Would that be from Repo! The Genetic Opera?

I think @Ceran_Swicegood was talking about:

I may be wrong though.

That said, now I kinda want to modify a Pop so it’s wearing another Pop’s face…

2 Likes

I don’t know i just did a random Google search, i haven’t seen Repo Man so if its from the wrong thing then at least i got close-ish?? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ehhh. “ish” in that they are both films that involve repossessing “stuff”.

:wink:

But thank you for pointing me in the direction of Fireside Customs. I now have something to explore.

ETA for a taste of what Repo! The Genetic Opera is like, watch this. It’s a bit on the bloody and dark side.

2 Likes

Can we do both!

Also, I <3 Ogre!

skinny-puppy-ogre

It’s a classic punk film! Worth the time to seek and out see.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Exactly. Haha.

And yes, i am a big advocate for making something your own, custom figures aren’t inherently difficult but it does take practice to make the finish look even but that should never deter someone from making cool shit.

3 Likes

Also, there is some black flag songs on the soundtrack… I think including TV Party, plus Jello makes an appearance as an FBI man.

And Harry Dean Stanton is in it… what more do you need in life!?

4 Likes

And that brought to mind this:

@Mindysan33

I can’t tell you how many times I listened to that soundtrack. I picked it up when I was stationed in England in the late ‘80s before I ever saw the film just because it sounded interesting.

Indeed :smile:

2 Likes

Ace song, that was eternally on my mix CDs for years. Same with:

2 Likes

Interesting historical note: it was the soundtrack that saved the movie from the dust bin of history! I kid you not. Because people who were into punk found the soundtrack at their local record shop (much like you did) and then they discovered the movie, which had a very small box office and was out of theaters almost as soon as it was in.

4 Likes

That’s excellent!

Keeping with the Repo Man theme, around the same time period I bought another compilation CD that had this song on it, which introduced me to The Meteors:

1 Like

Sometimes compilation CDs or soundtracks were good ways to discover new music, back in the day.

3 Likes

What @Mindysan33 said. Don’t make us come over there. It is part of the Criterion Collection even.

4 Likes

I’m just very lazy when it comes to watching movies sometimes, despite my huge love for film. If its on Netflix i’ll give it a go, otherwise tracking down a copy is like giving me homework :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

you know, i just checked because i was SURE i have photos of it, but we have recently upgraded the shade structure and somehow i don’t have ANY. it’s on the list to take photos this year. : )

2 Likes

Consider it an assignment then.

1 Like

2 Likes

If you think about it, after you take them please send them my way. I’m quite interested in seeing them in all their glory.