Your auto insurance will not cover you for spreading an STD while having sex in your car

Originally published at: Your auto insurance will not cover you for spreading an STD while having sex in your car | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Well, I hope we all learned something from this.

6 Likes

This is similar to how pregnancy from office sex is generally excluded from workers comp because it is considered a self-inflicted injury.

5 Likes

That “Use and Operation” clause is a pain in the neck to get around.

Pretty much everything that can be done in a car, besides driving it, has been the subject of this kind of lawsuit.

4 Likes

How does one seek $1 Million in damages for contracting a virus that most sexually active adults are infected with at some point in their lives?

4 Likes

But was she wearing her seatbelt?

6 Likes

Someone had sex in a Hyundai?

1 Like

But, if someone incurs some sort of damage from an individual who was conceived in the backseat of a car, THAT would have to covered under their parent’s auto insurance? Depending who was driving?

1 Like

Drive carefully. A lot of people are caused by accidents.

16 Likes

Glad we settled that burning question

4 Likes

Hyundai named it “Genesis”, because that’s where babies come from (whether you name them Adam, Clay, or what have you)

4 Likes

While the legal outcome seems reasonable, the comment that it’s “her failure” that resulted in the infection is rather offensive.

Would it be less offensive to say, “the failure of the two participants”?

1 Like

That’s a symptom of a different STI.

Speaking of which, does Subaru know about this?

3 Likes

I was just as surprised as you. Although I suppose it’s not as surprising as people having sex in Kias.

3 Likes

To be fair the Hyundai Genesis (in sedan form) is a bit bigger than a Camry, so not tiny. Frankly I’m not sure how any person has sex in a vehicle that doesn’t have a fold flat rear seating area.

Real life car sex is not nearly as smooth or sexy as “The Chase” made it out to be:

2 Likes

Great. Now cancel culture is whittling down the list of places where it’s okay to have sex. /s

2 Likes

Uhm, so did they claim to have been “rear ended”? :thinking:

I’ll see myself out…

:drum: :drum::drum:

2 Likes

6 Likes

i have a kia sportage which is quite roomy, when you fold the back seat down. regardless, sex in the car is not going to happen. …YES HONEY I TOLD THEM IT WASN’T GOING TO HAPPEN!

2 Likes

“And that’s why we named you Deductible.”

1 Like