Your favorite cover songs

4 Likes

Wasn’t me really - thank @UndamnedOne

The deep dive was worth it

3 Likes

For sure, that song got me three Valerie June albums, a compilation with 50 artists, including her, and that let me to another handful of albums from someone I’d been meaning to download for ages before I even start on using the compilation as a jumping off point…

Thanks, @UndamnedOne :+1:

4 Likes

Valerie covering Amber Ruffin in interview :smile:

*corrected to reflect the right Amber! Omg stupid autocorrect!

3 Likes

I am actually really glad I’m not the only one who puts it on repeat. My husband thinks I’m nuts but I honestly can’t physically listen only one time when I hear it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yes!!

1 Like

This is also a favorite. I grew up in Cincinnati and Over the Rhine has been my favorite band since high school. They used to play this song live and it always got me good. Then the studio version came out and was just perfectly executed.

I’m new so I can’t post whole links yet, but look for “Fever” by Over the Rhine from the album Hidden Treasures: Cincinnati’s Tribute to King Records’ Legacy.

ht tps://music.apple. com/de/album/fever/97188368?i=97188102&l=en

1 Like

Here’s The Beach Boys covering the Beatles.

The audio is horrible but I love when bands that are touring together get on stage together. We saw Styx and REO do it and Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire do it.

This is actually pretty good but what the actual f**k. Look who’s enjoying it and the end is just huh?

2 Likes

A little Memphis Slim cover for Friday…

If your feet aren’t tapping, well, I can’t help 'ya. :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve been listening to this album since high school and now my kids are enjoying it!

1 Like

Don’t think this one was shared yet. Two bands I love.

1 Like

I hope they do the "Wooooooooooohhh… " bit :grin::+1:

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Who did it better, Grohl or Prince?

1 Like

Because it’s today and in honor of Dad Folgelberg.

4 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Was he really your dad?
:slightly_smiling_face: