Your favorite cover songs

1 Like

Wait! Where’s Rachid Taha gone? Man’s a fucking rock star!

3 Likes

I noticed I’ve already posted a link to the Videoclip for His great cover song.

Embarrassed Sudden Realization GIF by Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken

3 Likes

Too much of a good thing?

3 Likes

You are right. He was terrific.

3 Likes
1 Like

A couple Mrs. Swan (Alex Borstein) covers.

2 Likes

I know I arrive a bit late at the mourning party for Tina Turner but just remembered this cover by “opera bufa” singer Genaro Cosmo Parlato

Honestly the whole album is awesome, though probably a bit of an adquired taste. I think my favourite song of the album is “Call me” :smiley:

1 Like

And this popped up today on random play on a USB stick.
Never heard it before, but damn glad it exists:

4 Likes

This just dropped. I may have to buy an album.

It’s a double album with 30 tracks, 9 are original but if the rest of the covers are anything like this…

The country star previously said that her project will include a number of features from older rock legends, and that’s true: Steven Tyler, Journey’s Steve Perry, Elton John, Creedence Clearwater Revival’s John Fogerty, Heart’s Ann Wilson, REO Speedwagon’s Kevin Cronin, Debbie Harry, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr all make appearances.

Bon Jovi’s Richie Sambora has a feature, too, as do Linda Perry, Pat Benatar, Peter Frampton, the Doobie Brothers’ Michael McDonald, Judas Priest’s Rob Halford and Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Ronnie Van Zant, Gary Rossington and Artimus Pyle.

Sting is joining Parton for her rendition of “Every Breath You Take,” after the the two recently teamed up with Chris Jason for the Janson-led song, “21 Forever.”

When Parton promises a stellar lineup, she delivers, so it’s no surprise that her estimation of her album as being chock-full of legendary rockers is an understatement.

5 Likes

All kindsa feels from this track:

Can’t understand a word of this one, but I love the mood:

1 Like

Speaking of Linda Perry (see Dolly Parton post above)

And speaking of 4 Non Blondes

And here they are together

3 Likes

Josh Turner Guitar Covers The Rolling Stones “Wild Horses”

wild :horse: :horse_racing: :racehorse: :carousel_horse:

3 Likes

Reina del Cid and Toni Lindgren Cover Melanie’s “Brand New Key”

:roller_skate: :old_key:

Leave Those Kids Alone Cover Peter Frampton’s “Show Me The Way”

:baby: :guitar::baby: :guitar::baby: :guitar::baby: :musical_keyboard::baby::drum:

5 Likes

B-52’s

3 Likes

Callista Clark Covers Linda Ronstadt’s “You’re No Good”

:no_good_man:

2 Likes

Low Darts Cover Steely Dan’s “My Old School”

my old :school:

2 Likes

Just remembered this one. I think the Dead Milkmen did a better version than the Misfits.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Lance Lipinsky & the Lovers Covers Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats’ “Rocket 88”

:rocket:88

2 Likes