Your "Morbid Minute;" more on dead babies wearing other babies' skulls as hats

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/16/your-morbid-minute-more-o.html

4 Likes

Ok, I’m out’a here.

3 Likes

Doughty, not Dougherty.

3 Likes

"more on dead babies wearing other babies’ skulls as hats"

Welp. That escalated quickly.

14 Likes

Thank you! Fixed.

4 Likes

Saw it yesterday. She is an awesome woman.

9 Likes

strong contender for the most metal thing ever

4 Likes

She’s amazing. I’ve considered myself a member of The Order of the Good Death since she first started it.

Have you read her book or seen her talks? They are wonderful – smart, eye-opening, funny, moving.

3 Likes

I should read one of her books but nonfiction is generally not my thing.
I do binge on her videos so that way I have seen her talks.

3 Likes

I was gonna go with “gother than thou.” Muy muy darketo.

1 Like

Ah, is this where Pokemon took Cubone / Marowak from?

“Cubone wears the skull of its dead mother as a helmet” and “Marowak’s head is composed of the skull it once wore as a mask. It can no longer remove the skull, which has become part of its body.”

3 Likes

What a great presentation of a rather morbid subject. Caitlin Doughty’s got a really engaging on camera style. Some days the Internet can be a really wonderful thing; allowing us to experience people we’d never get to meet or see on the main stream.

@Lexicat It is dead babies all the way down!

2 Likes

I want to know about that secret porpoise!

2 Likes

caitlin-doughty-tea-death

She has a couple or 3 out by now!

I picked up “Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs” after it came out… the lady at the register was actually a bit shocked by the title! :smiley:

5 Likes

Is the answer, “Yes, but it will play with them first.”?

3 Likes

Surprisingly no. It’s more a case of if your body gets left for a while, with a cat (or a dog) in your house, they will eventually eat to survive. And they will go for the easiest food to get at off your body, which means that your actually eyeballs won’t be first to get eaten.

It’s a fun book, based on questions kids asked her at readings or other events. Kids ask great questions, it turns out.

3 Likes

Waste not, want not.

1 Like

(source)

2 Likes

too soon

All throughout this video I was trying to remember the name of an MR James’ story; it turns out it was “A View From A Hill.”