Psychic octopus killed for food

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/03/psychic-octopus-killed-for-foo.html

3 Likes

Yummy but off the list.

4 Likes

Did they not predict Japan getting knocked out of the competition by Belgium, or were they killed in anger when they did make the prediction?

6 Likes

Same. Anything that can damn-near offer suggestions on how it should be prepared won’t be going down my gullet.

Anymore, at least.

4 Likes

Obligatory “I wonder if he saw that one coming?”

15 Likes

That’s not how the kids these days use “shipped”, but I’m incredibly amused when I swap that definition in.

If it turns out that octopodes are aliens and are on their way back for their lost brethren, I can think of one fisherman who is going to be in for some interesting times.

10 Likes

He died doing what he loved.

6 Likes

Octopi are really, really intelligent. Seems a tad heartless to kill and eat one. I know, bleeding heart and all that. But it seems a shame to turn an intelligent creature into calories.

5 Likes

I don’t know, I bet kids use the words “gutted” and “sold” in some pretty unique ways as well…

3 Likes

Thing is octopi aren’t nearly as intelligent or complicated as has recently been pushed.

And pigs. Which most people eat no problem are way more intelligent. At least as intelligent as dogs. Deliciously intelligent.

6 Likes

What we need is a way to turn calories into intelligent creatures.

6 Likes

Okay, okay, I give. Still a bleeding heart, but you all have righteous mocks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Coming soon to a children’s bookseller near you: the inspiring tale of Charlotte’s Tentacle, in which a wise sea spider craftily manages to save the life of a delicious octopus from his rapacious human owner.

11 Likes

Here is a current photo of him

6 Likes

Isn’t that called pregnancy?

4 Likes

Something is happening to animal psychics.

6 Likes

I burned a good few calories parsing this.

4 Likes

Capitalism ruins everything.

3 Likes
3 Likes

My phone likes to swap no and to. And not with boy among other things.