Woman put octopus on her face -- it bit her and she had to go to the hospital

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/08/woman-put-octopus-on-her-face.html

7 Likes

She probably shouldn’t have put an octopus on her face.

81 Likes

Too much hentai, or not enough. Hard to say, really.

31 Likes

34 Likes

“Put octopus on face, get bit.” - Ancient Chinese saying

22 Likes

It’s all fun and games until you find out that octopus has a beak that can cut like scissors.

24 Likes

[My friends] noticed my face had changed

ohmygawd

62 Likes

These things should come with a warning label.

46 Likes

17 Likes

My mother-in-law has a saying that fits this situation wonderfully. “Way to go, dumbass!”

18 Likes

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

13 Likes

23 Likes

Bisceglia did get revenge of sorts: She boiled and grilled the creature and served it on a salad.

14 Likes

Don’t fuck with the wild life :expressionless:

9 Likes

So, this is different than the video of the woman who tried to eat a live octopus and got bitten? (And, to my mind, deserved to be bitten for such a thing).

I haven’t watched any videos of people being bitten by octopi since I’m not really a fan of watching videos of people getting hurt, even if they may have essentially done it to themselves.

1 Like

What a pretty octopus

Don’t do this at home, kids.

3 Likes

I feel sorry for the octopus. I hope it wasn’t injured because of her stupidity.

6 Likes

Obligatory: Christ, what an asshole. Animals are not toys or props, and if you live somewhere that has venomous animals, and you intend to be in its habitat, fucking around, you should really know it. Had it been a blue ringed octopus (which are also found in that area), she would be freakishly fucking lucky to be alive. What a goddamn dumbass.

20 Likes

People always underestimate the octopus. I recall one story about an aquarium that suddenly found members of its shark population ending up dead and maimed each morning. They put a camera on the tank to figure out what was going on and solve the mystery. You can guess who was snacking on the sharks.

24 Likes