To imagine the ocean of the future: picture a writhing mass of unkillable tentacles, forever

[Read the post]

1 Like

Mmmm calamari.

24 Likes

Who knew the next apocalypse would be the of the tentacled variety? besides H.P. lovecraft and a lot of creepy cartoon smut…

19 Likes

Bad news for man, even worse news for japanese schoolgirls

26 Likes

I, for one, welcome our cephalopod overlords.

20 Likes

When the ocean sends its octopods, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending octopi that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re tentacle rapists…

18 Likes

We should be so lucky. From what I read, given history as a guide, global warming means anoxic, lifeless oceans below a fairly shallow depth. There’s not going to be a whole lot of anything down there.

7 Likes

Well thank you for using the plural “octopuses.” I once saw somebody pluralize “octopi” and then pluralize it again to “octopii” and then use that to refer to one octopus.

Also, @mr_raccoon, those schoolgirls can always transform and then defeat them with the Power of Friendship.

8 Likes

Has anyone told PZ Myers yet?

3 Likes

What is your denomination—Black Brotherhood? Church of Starry Wisdom? Esoteric Order of Dagon?

9 Likes

Clearly both of you are already part of a denomination:

:high_brightness: :eye: :high_brightness: We who serve :scroll::black_joker::scroll: The Ancient Ones :new_moon: :eye: :new_moon:

The process has already begun, we must prepare for the sacrifice in our secret lair. The Shaman must make us ready to become the oil that will ease the release of those bound beyond the wall.

9 Likes

I wanted to make a joke about ‘eat them!’ and the extensive list of octopus recipes I have. Same for other tentacle beasts, I love them, but did not eat a lot because I thought they where a bit endangered. Ok…

Now I’m shocked with the implications of the article above, no time for joking.

4 Likes

It’s delicious!

2 Likes

Good new for whales!

"“The numbers of squid that are eaten by sperm whales far exceed those harvested by men for food on a worldwide basis,” said squid-expert Roger Hanlon of the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts.

• Just don’t give Archer any ideas about renewable clean burning lamp oil.
4 Likes

In other news, Tentacle Grape is sold out.

20 Likes

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!

8 Likes

Probably too busy with his kid’s wedding just this moment. :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh, nope, he’s home as of a few hours ago.

Apostles of the Ammonites. The Reformed branch, not those kooky Orthodox ones.

13 Likes

They’re doing good now, but wait until we run out of other seafood to eat.

5 Likes

Ha ! I’m with the Apostles of ammonite Diplomoceras, the only True ones !

http://cdn.sci-news.com/images/enlarge2/image_3898e-Diplomoceras.jpg

10 Likes