Woman put octopus on her face -- it bit her and she had to go to the hospital

Who among us hasn’t wanted to re-enact Alien?

7 Likes

you certainly got a point there…

If I were in charge of a band made of up crustpunk dermatologists I’d name one of our albums Pus Pocket.

7 Likes

She didn’t read her own shirt.

2 Likes

ETA: As a lover of marine creatures, this makes me both sad and hungry.

13 Likes

The deep old goods demand vertebrate sacrifice. And the great thing about sharks is that, as cartilaginous fishes, they are like the virgins of verterbrate sacrifice. Downright provocatively ossified if it’s a sharksploitation situation that requires a toothy mouth shot; but still mostly tender and innocent of calcification.

Truly a fitting tribute.

6 Likes

That’s what I get for not reading the whole thing.

1 Like

Maybe she got suckered into doing it.

19 Likes

Trust Goldman Sachs at your own risk.

10 Likes

I don’t order octopus anymore — they’re too smart, and I feel they have an in with a certain Elder God. I know when I shouldn’t fuck with something.

8 Likes

High-five!

27 Likes

It’s safe. It’s a news report after the fact. No biting in the video, although they do show the pictures she took with it on her face.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t this read, “Lady put…”

That would have stayed in sync with BB’s use of “Gentleman” when dealing with men’s… dubious acts.

Same here.

12 Likes

Is it too early to sidetrack the thread into pointless plural pedantry?

5 Likes

It’s octopodes

6 Likes

In a way I can relate. Octopi are generally portrayed as cute,smart and generally harmless outside the Barrier Reef, where everything wants you dead. Ever since Cousteau did a show at that very spot this has been the message.
So…yeah I could see myself doing something like that without really thinking about it.
But now I promise I won’t ever put an Octopus on my face.
And she seemed pretty chill about it.

3 Likes

Attn: @anon50609448 !!!

6 Likes

I worked in a lab in college that had one that managed to sneak out of it’s tank, crawl across the room to the mussel/feeder shellfish tank, and then sneak back into it’s tank. Took quite a while to figure out why all the mussels were dying. Then one morning someone noticed a wet track along the tile floor… Clever.

Also, which of the two is the smarter organism? The one that pulls something living out of the water, and puts it on it’s warm dry face and expects nothing to happen, or the animal that reacts defensively when it’s threatened? Hmm…

15 Likes

26 Likes

Washington gal, Washington gal,
Thinks that an octopus is her pal.
It chewed on her face, what a disgrace,
Washington gal.

[accordion solo intensifies]

19 Likes