Woman put octopus on her face -- it bit her and she had to go to the hospital

There should be a “Pedant Fight!” button that immediately starts a separate side thread to hash out the details.

12 Likes

I wonder how many venomous octopus bites it would take to power a Tesla?

8 Likes

There’s a thread for that:

5 Likes

Well, shit. The octopus was minding its business when a big, loud creature put the poor thing right next to its mouth. I’m really sorry she killed it.

3 Likes

Sign’s funny, but pedant-me can’t stop complaining that a crab is just a wet spider way moreso than an octopus.

6 Likes

Aren’t most octopuses venomous, too?

2 Likes

I have no words for how abysmally stupid this is.

But lots of other mutants have picked up the slack, and some of the replies have me literally laugh aloud.

Not all of them, though…

O_o

13 Likes

If I did want to re-enact Alien, I’ve got a soft-sculpture facehugger doll that would do the job.

I wouldn’t dream of using a living creature with eight muscular arms and a really sharp beak. That’s a recipe for disaster.

13 Likes

Right?

Octopi are dangerous, wild creatures; duh.

6 Likes

davy

9 Likes

And those are Octopedants.

9 Likes

Gee its almost as if wild animals are not merely props to use while posing for instagram. But if all ones information comes through the internet, there’s be no way to know this. Who’dathunk?

3 Likes

And this is after the last seventeen Alien movies, all with exactly the same plot. Did an evil robot put that octopus within her reach?

I think you might be right.

2 Likes

Those crazy Washingtonians!

1 Like

The news report has it as an octopus attack?!

That’d be self-defence in my court, and I’d be ordering her to pay restitution to the surviving family members of that octopus!

5 Likes

“I never thought an octopus would bite MY face,” sobs woman who voted for the Octopodes Biting People’s Faces Party.

7 Likes

And people who hunt octopodes are antipodes?

3 Likes

It’s octopeople

2 Likes

And of course there is a subreddit for leopards eating people’s faces.

3 Likes