"You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" (1966)

[Permalink]

1 Like

And it’s Zippy The Pinhead’s favorite singer:
Thurl Ravenscroft
Thurl Ravenscroft
Thurl Ravenscroft!

(Thurl was mostly known as a Disney voice actor, interestingly.)

1 Like

It’s even more confusing with Paul Frees in the mix. They sound very similar. Paul Frees is the 'Ghost Host" of the Haunted mansion and did other voice work for Disney Attractions and films.

But Thurl Ravenscroft does the singing in the Grave Yard scene as one of the signing busts. Thurl was also the voice of Tony the Tiger in “ITs GRRRRREAT” commercials.

And the score was written by Albert Hague, the actor/composer who played Mr. Shorofsky in the movie and TV series, “Fame”.

1 Like

I’m hoping that it’s a “toadstool” sandwich, though I guess your way would be even more unpleasant.

2 Likes

Look, I think this song is being unfair to sauerkraut.

3 Likes

These are the soundtrack version lyrics which have the verses in a different order than the ones on the TV special (which are broken into 3 sections by narration) that we all know and love.

I could maybe see missing the possessive in heart’s (twice) and the errant ‘a’ before seasick, but misquoting stink, stank, stunk??!? My heart shrank three sizes this day.

@Raederle, indeed!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn59wd_how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-1966_shortfilms

I copy-pasted the lyrics so I’m terribly sorry that there were errors. I really apologize if this ruined your holiday. I hope that in the new year you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me.

Change horse to ‘hoss’ and all will be forgiven, you can even carve the roast beast!

Any way you could obliterate the Ron Howard film?

And Paul Frees - in addition to being the Ghost Host - was Burgermeister Meisterburger in Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.