YouTube videos with default camera filenames

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/01/youtube-videos-with-default-ca.html

3 Likes

People are strange. That’s all I got on this one.

Gotta love

It’s the sequel to MVI_1255.MOV, don’tcha know :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you have any idea how much work i have to do this morning? i have to … oh look a cockfight

3 Likes

I saw no kitteh doggo but 3 horsie. That can’t be right. Need more data for statistical confidence.

I saw children dancing in a cage, fire trucks waiting by a park and a man in a bookshop singing in a language not his own.

“Everest Pipkin”, if that is their real name, should make a version that skips randomly through these videos five seconds at a time, with this soundtrack:

1 Like

This is wonderful. So much great weird stuff.

And how can this only have 9 views:

4 Likes

I’m not really sure what I expected my day to be like when I woke up this morning, but I’m fairly certain I did not expect to watch an un-edited goat birthing video.

4 Likes

I’m deeply envious of the simple genius of this idea.

Take churning morass of data, think laterally until you find a distinguishing characteristic that is both fairly simple to identify and non-obvious to look for; and serve.

4 Likes

This reminds of Napster Nuggests from back in the day. The Evolution Control Committee turned me on to them. You searched for “MIC IN TRACK” which was the default file name for a recording in Windows. I didn’t manage to save any of my nuggets unfortunately but the ECC still has a handful on their site. The internet used to be so fun.

1 Like

Children in a martial arts match sparring with surprising ferocity.

The sheer randomness of the videos makes me LOL.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.