Zoetrope fidget spinner featuring Mario

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/01/zoetrope-fidget-spinner-featur.html

1 Like

Well, that’s the first time I’ve felt even vaginally vaguely compelled to invest in one of these gadgets.

ETA: Thanks, autocorrect…

2 Likes

Cool!

I thought this one was great too:

Another zoetrope that caught my eye recently although not a pocket sized fidget spinner was this one:

2 Likes

All that computational power and all it can run is Mario? Obviously it needs a better API. Call me when it runs Minecraft.

3 Likes

It’s worth pointing out you won’t see the animation without the aid of a strobe light or a camera. In either case, the spinner will have to be spinning at a rate that syncs with the light or camera.

[quote=“kongorilla, post:5, topic:101972”]
It’s worth pointing out you won’t see the animation without the aid of a strobe light or a camera. [/quote]
Maybe a fluorescent light will work. I use one with an appropriately marked disk to tune my turntable speed.

I see the potential for a tiny Maker project, to sync an LED strobe to the position of the blades.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.