Zombie Dancing Squid!

No parasites for me thanks. Mollusks and crustaceans are riddled with them. Why would one ever deign to dine on them raw?

The squid is dead. The salt in the soy sauce causes just enough voltage in the squid to cause muscle contractions as long as there is enough of the chemicals left to make muscles move left.

You can do it with frog legs too.

1 Like

Why post this supposedly final answer after educated doubts have been raised? A frogs brain is located in its head, so your twitching-frog-leg analogy doesn’t work here.

Monty%20Python__Holy%20Grail__I'm%20not%20quite%20dead%20yet__cropped

4 Likes

The final video needs to have ‘Fishheads’ as its’ background music.

4 Likes

Nooooooo…why did I read that…

I don’t believe it’s dead at all, the squid still had color in the tentacles. When they are stabbed through the brain, the whole body goes white. NSFW video of how you humanely kill a squid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRGFELn5Zqc

All these videos of dancing squid in prepared dishes are videos of maimed animals thrashing around as they die. I don’t get why they don’t make sure it’s dead before preperation.

Guess it takes the idea of sushi to its logical conclusion? Can’t imagine eating something alive with suction cups and many tentacles to be anything but gross, but then again, this is Japan.

Could this explain Keith Richards?

2 Likes

works for me.

1 Like

Wow that last one really tripped my squick-factor alarm. The fish heads song would be perfect.
That first one was kinda mega gross, but if we just apply a little Benny Hill soundtrack, speed it up by 2 to 4 X and (chortle!)

As to eating live creatures… not much of a step from eating them dead really.

Silly human, silly human race…

I am very happy to be a vegetarian.

I’ve eaten sannakji (Korean wiggling octopus) and the suckers attaching to your mouth as you chew is an… interesting sensation.

I do hope he’ll leave his body to science.
There must be something exceptional in his DNA.

1 Like

I consider myself a foodie…I have cooked and eaten many a thing I have watched others scoff at…this is a hard no.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.