Timelapse video of a fish being devoured by maggots

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/27/timelapse-video-of-a-fish-bein.html

2 Likes

Fish and guests stink after 3 days.

5 Likes

Meme ready!

3 Likes

Okay, you know what? I didn’t need the close-up shot after a minute-30 of full on maggoty goodness. I was expecting a nice end to this - fish bones picked clean by the work of nature. But no, I’m abruptly treated to a close-up view of the most disgusting part, that dead-fish eye somehow looking at me reproachfully before the eruption of maggots erases that baleful gaze.

5 Likes

What’s the opposite of click bait?

5 Likes

Hrmmm should I comment with levity:

Or with gravitas:

11 Likes

Hey, great, something to watch as I eat my lunch!

3 Likes

Did you have white rice?

5 Likes

Orzo.

2 Likes

Leaving satisfied, because Fish Heads song.

11 Likes

Damn it… fishheads is going to be stuck in my head all day now!

7 Likes

I walked passed a salmon that had fallen from a truck, every day for a week or so, and got to see a live action version of this.

What hit me first wasn’t the smell, but the noise. Enough swarming flies sound exactly like a swarming bee hive, without the stinging. Just the stinking.

In the end I was just deeply impressed how effectively the flies converted useless biomass by the side of the road into something other critters could eat, far from the scene.

2 Likes

Makes me think of what could possibly be the true meaning of “… and the children all in white, are gathered here tonight.” (from “Flower King of Flies” by The Nice)

1 Like

Who wants tuna rolls?

Better that than some other song.

2 Likes

Also on boing boing front page right now…

Coincidence? I think not!

1 Like

I feel like they should have let this time lapse go on for another week or two.

Why not both?

1 Like

Those straight-up are some seriously roly-poly fish heads! LOL captivating!

That’s metal as fuck