Zoo asks visitors to stop showing gorillas videos on their phones

Originally published at: Zoo asks visitors to stop showing gorillas videos on their phones | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I wouldn’t have expected that amish gorillas were going to be a thing in 2023

8 Likes

To prepare the apes for such an eventuality, we need to be showing them this:

8 Likes

So I’m guessing that King Kong or Mighty Joe Young are just right out…

5 Likes

Can you still do magic tricks in front of them?

4 Likes

Harambe would be pleased. It never would have occurred to me to show a gorilla videos on my cell phone, just like I wouldn’t think to take my dog with me to go see the new Indiana Jones movie. (edit: we might watch it at home together, though!)

2 Likes

Not without Captain Disillusion getting on your case…

4 Likes

It would be my dream if Captain Disillusion got on my case!

2 Likes

I mean, they’re already locked up. And now their screen time is taken away?

5 Likes

Unfortunately, the damage may be done. We’re already starting to see gorilla influencers demanding freebies from hotels and other businesses, behaving inappropriately in sacred sites and places of worship, and aggressively demanding that zoo visitors “like and subscribe”.

7 Likes

This actually has me feeling conflicted and Im not exactly sure why, but it makes me want to watch movies with gorillas now. They cant be much worse to share a theater with than some of the post-Covid theater crowds I’ve experienced over the last year or so…

I’m also put in mid of the scene in Wont You Be My Neighbor that finally broke me into tears, which was Fred and Koko sharing a moment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.