Zoo's new strategy to teach manners to foul-mouthed parrots

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/23/foul-mouthed-parrots.html

5 Likes

What are the chances they end up with 100 (8+92) foul-mouthed parrots?

14 Likes

Season 3 Episode 10 GIF by Parks and Recreation

11 Likes

Shared a similar tale around the campfire in Boy Scouts.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Obvs was living next to Pebble for a while.

The best thing that ever happened to me at the zoo is when my spouse and I came out of the reptile house to find a parrot who gave us a cheerful “Hello!” It was so funny we tried to get it to talk again. And it did when a much older, rather dour looking couple came out of the reptile house and the parrot yelled “OH SHIT! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!”

4 Likes

When I was in high school, ~1980, a local mall had a pet store, and at the back as a large cage with some sort of parrot. The mall was a popular hangout for us, as was the pet store.

Of course that parrot learned nothing but swear words. The worst random 15 year olds could come up with.

The owner said it was unsellable, so it sat in the back of the store, swearing like a sailor. Kinda sad… more or less a ruined parrot.

3 Likes

I would pay extra for a sweary parrot.

Parrots are already awesome.

One that can turn the air blue is off the scale amazing.

3 Likes

There is no downside to this plan.

2 Likes

“I’ve never effing been to bleeding Norway”
“No, it isn’t effing lovely plumage”

3 Likes

“The new hope is that the pleasant parrots will teach the naughty ones some manners.” … there is no way this could possibly backfire … no way whatsoever … !@#$#$.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.