Zuck claims he chows down with politicos from "across the spectrum" but they all seem to be far-right creeps

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/25/on-the-menu.html

4 Likes

This is the money quote. Absolutely why he is feasting with Nazis. They are good for business.

22 Likes

EDIT: it’s been updated

You may want to check your use of double negatives in the fourth paragraph. You ended up saying the opposite of what you intended.

1 Like

but they all seem to be far-right creeps

just like the Closet Nazi Zuck, no big surprise there.

4 Likes

27 Likes

dinners where he can hear from “lots of people across the spectrum on lots of different issues all the time.”

So, in other words, “fascists and white supremacists deserve my time and attention, too”. Zuckerberg’s parents and extended family must be so proud.

Same as it ever was when it comes to ultra-wealthy businessmen devoid of ethics and morals.

10 Likes

Not really

7 Likes

Exactly. Cui bono? The right forms a symbiotic relationship with social media, feeding advertising eyeballs to the platform in exchange for the guise of legitimacy while getting their message out. It’s the same reason Reddit is loath to ban far right communities.

8 Likes

We’re not talking about the entire economy though, just social media.

6 Likes

Ah, but you are confusing facts (i.e. Leftist propaganda) with opinions (i.e. Rightist unassailable God-given truths). This is a common error of those enmeshed in the fact-based community. I prescribe 3-4 hours of Fox News daily. That should wipe any affection for facts from your system. (/s, just to be safe)

8 Likes

You’re confusing a good overall economy with good for his ends and desires. At this point no amount of economic health in the system particularly matters for him (shy of complete global economic collapse). Power and control are the currency that matters to him right now and deregulation provides that.

6 Likes

That’s the wrong “us”. For the craven Mammon devotees, “us” means fellow vultures, looters, and parasites who are delighted to sacrifice everyone else on the altar so long as they get to stay on top of the pyramid of suffering.

5 Likes

But big picture, sustainable business for Facebook involves a thriving economy. FB makes money from advertising. Companies need to have money to spend on advertising for FB to see advertising revenue.

FB’s only negative growth quarters were during the post-crisis recovery.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Internal%20Screaming

(I’ll be on to external screaming soon)

3 Likes

The right, the further right, the far right, the very edge of the longest flight feather when fully stretched out to the right…

Clearly a spectrum.

8 Likes

Probably been shared here before, but I believe it bears repeating:

5 Likes

Feeling conflicted. Clearly unbalanced input only from far right creeps.

OTOH - the far right creeps had to sit through it.

7 Likes

Off-topic, but I’m getting an inordinate number of spammy pop-ups when trying to read this article (on my phone, using Chrome). This isn’t something I’d expect from this site.

Switch to Brave.

3 Likes