Zuckerberg personally and repeatedly thwarted efforts by Meta's management to address teen mental health dangers

Originally published at: Zuckerberg personally and repeatedly thwarted efforts by Meta's management to address teen mental health dangers | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Okay, groomer.

15 Likes

As an outsider, Zuckerberg thinks he knows what’s best for humans.

18 Likes

nothing in particular is stopping it

While it may seem hopeless, the fact that this information is coming out is a good sign that this behavior will change.

Meta is acting like Big Tobacco in the 60s. They knew their product was harmful, and did everything they could to suppress that knowledge.

Yet here we are: tobacco use has fallen from 42% of the population in 1965 to around 14% today.

Still too high, but not what it used to be, and only the willfully ignorant don’t know how harmful it is.

11 Likes

And this is why my 14yo daughter is not allowed on social media, regardless of how hard she begs and pleads that all her friends are on it.

Also, F-CK you Zuckerberg, I hope all your billions are cold comfort for all the emotional damage your products have wrecked in the lives of teen girls and young women.

13 Likes

It would be a shame if he and Musk had that fight and neither of them survived.

17 Likes

:face_exhaling: Great, hopefully it won’t take sixty years to curtail Meta.

7 Likes

Maybe we need a law like New Zealand’s where anyone under 14 today will NEVER be able to legally buy tobacco. They raise the age requirement one year, every year.

Imagine if nobody under 14 was ever allowed to use any Meta product.

(I can dream, can’t I?)

11 Likes

I hope not! In many ways their products are more addictive than nicotine!

That would be a dream come true!

6 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.