25 Synonyms for 'Pussy Riot,' for news presenters who'd really rather not to say 'pussy' on-air

How about Ladytown Donnybrook?

4 Likes

There’s always “A Russian Female Punk Band” (or “that Russian female punk band”), since everybody knows who it is by now.

1 Like

Foo-foo Fighters
Fairy Scaries
Snatch 22 (I have no idea how many members there are but it would keep the neophobes guessing)

2 Likes

Snatch Brawl.
Beaver Bash.

/winner

1 Like

Baby-Chute Cahoots
Cunny Clash
Twat S.W.A.T.
Hairpie Harassment
Snatch Scratch
Gash Bash
Furbox Fury
Cunt-lamity
Womb Bomb
Beaver Fever

1 Like
is beyond me
Yeah, that much is pretty clear. I'm guessing you advocate humorless scolding instead, right?
4 Likes
2 Likes

Klezmer band, Labia Menorah.

7 Likes

Are you saying that any of these are actually funny?

I’m saying that the whole thing is a tasteless, pointless exercise.

“Pussy Riot” is a sublime political statement.

What this game has produced is a list of insipid phrases using language rarely heard outside a boys’ junior high locker room. Unfunny and generally hateful of women.

While I do think this is mildy funny so long as you keep in mind it’s a retort aimed at those (dare I say it :slight_smile: ) reporters who are too, errr… pussified, to say “Pussy Riot,” it is sad that many of the quoted terms, including “pussy,” are used at least as often as insults aimed at males.

Anyway, “Domesticated Cat Devilishness.” They should be able to say that out loud.

I dunno, I kinda like her delivery of the line.

You’ll note that us Germans don’t have quite near the sexual hang-ups over mere words that we prudish puritanical Americans still do.

1 Like

Funny jokes can be tasteless. Quite a lot of what Pussy Riot does is intentionally tasteless and offensive. That’s the point in a way and that’s what makes what they do great. You seem to have missed the point. Pussy Riot are punk in the true spirit of the term, and tastelessness is one of punks main weapons.

Looking at the thanks list in the original article, I infer that a goodly chunk (fnuur, that sounds rude too) of the contributors are of the gender that you think this is hateful off, as is the author and a number of the commenters. I may be wrong, this is the internet after all, and boys may be girls and vice versa.

But in my opinion the best on the original list, “Fanny Free-for-all” is an unbelievably funny phrase (I appreciate that it may confuse some Americans not aware of the variation in meaning in the UK, but that only adds to the humour. I assume it was from a UK contributor).

I see this list as a form of applause for Pussy Riots actions and bravery, and the only people who should be offended are the people who hate them and what they stand for and who are the real targets of this article.

Enough seriousness, bring on the clowns, and remember - “God Save the Queen, she ain’t no human being!”

10 Likes

In the eighties in the UK there was an all-female band called We’ve Got A Fuzzbox and We’re Gonna Use It. (Watching them deal with drunk hecklers was very interesting.) If they were entered into this competition, I’d vote for them.

2 Likes

^ this

Ladypart Imbroglio

@StephenAtHome Ladypart Imbroglio

— Pip R. Lagenta (@PipRLagenta) February 5, 2014

1 Like

Yes. I found several of them funny. I laughed. I forwarded them to a friend. She sat in the parking lot giggling at them. Neither of us found them hateful towards women.

1 Like

Uterine Uproar
Fallopian Fracas
Rugae Ruckus
Honeypot Havoc
Flap Flap
Mons Misrule

How about a version for men?

Penile Protest
Testicular Tumult
Wang Wingding
Nad Nihilism
Urethral Unrest

This is the best way to procrastinate doing homework ever. Alliteration Anarchy!

(P.S. Not anti-woman. Am woman. Find this hysterical.)

2 Likes

Hair Pie Circus
Yoni Yell
Fish Market Mayhem
Bush Bash

Great band name.