A beginner's guide to the Redpill Right

neat and tidy on the outside, but a mess on the inside. Perhaps it would be better to understand libertarianism as a philosophy that undermines the legitimacy of a Government’s claims to act for, and in the best interests of society.

1 Like

ok… i am being simplistic, but some people need that, especially when they are being confused with a lot of garbage like this article. my comment is meant as a primer, because definitions are being confused and concepts are being impossibly conflated.

Yes, because everyone always understands culture by the authors intent… they never, ever, ever create their own meanings out of them. If you read the article, you’d see that this is not what is being argued in the slightest.

4 Likes

what!!?? no pictures!

4 Likes

Well you got one thing right at least.

7 Likes

Political Philosophies are best judged not on the purity and clarity of their founding principles, but on the consequenses of their interactions with mundane reality.
It is simple to imagine a just society. It is far harder to instantiate that dream without bloodshed.

2 Likes

i’d like to point out that Lana Wachowski took the red pill.

4 Likes

I love Lana’s hair… so very much.

4 Likes

http://makeameme.org/media/created/Not-sure-if-dy4it9.jpg

15 Likes

Early draft for the end of Macbeth’s ‘Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow’ speech:

She should have died hereafter;
There would have been a time for such a word.
— To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is an agenda
driven wad of dried hobo cum
dug out of a dead rat’s ass.

— Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5, lines 17-28)

13 Likes

Are you sure it’s a capital L?

1 Like

Yes, and especially so if it annoys the Libertarian Capitalists.

6 Likes

Is there room for Capital in a communist utopia?

4 Likes

I wanted to be sure you didn’t mean the Libertarian Capitalist libertarians (NH, NOT, I repeat, NOT those Oregon libertarian Libertarian Communists. Splitters.)

3 Likes

Well, of course that’s what a Vermonter would say.

(or was that the other nana?)

I’d like to just present this for posterity. This is written by a person who thinks that everyone else needs to start thinking before they react.

8 Likes

Yes, on a dedicated bookshelf.

4 Likes

The thing is, you want to frame the discussion in terms of solidarity of the oppressed. Which means, it’s a valid complaint that class issues are not being discussed, but it’s terribly misguided to try to reduce other forms of oppression to special cases of class oppression. Racism and sexism and so forth are used to divide the working class against itself, and you have to make it absolutely clear that you’re willing to make sacrifices for the sake of a united struggle, or no one can trust you.

And of course, you can’t trust the middle class, as such, because betrayal is the social role of the middle class. (Which is not to say that individuals can’t be trusted – but see, again, that bit about sacrifice.)

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

3 Likes