A grab bag of new Moleskine products

[Permalink]

I’m afraid I’ve defected from Moleskin. I still carry a small pocket-sized Moleskin, but my day-to-day life notebook is now a Leuchtherm 1917. The paper quality is much higher and, most miraculous of all, every page is pre-printed with a page number. I used to do that by hand, numbering every page by hand, but now I don’t have to. That notebook, BookDarts, and a yellow highlighter are unbelievably helpful organizational tools. I keep my Pomodoro Technique notes on it, my daily to-dos, and lots of miscellaneous notes about classes and subjects, and it really matters.

2 Likes

Leuchtturm 1917 makes my favourite notebooks, too. I much prefer the cover to Moleskine’s, and I love the page numbers and paper quality. I’d love to get my hands on one of their springback binders, but I haven’t spotted them yet in my neck of the woods.

I am particular about my blank books; my ideal book used to be produced by a company called Rhino which seems to have gone out of business (sadly). It was spiral bound - truly spiral bound, not take fake spiral binding stuff where everything falls out after about a week. The covers were sturdy. The interior pages were blank, not ruled, not graphed. There was a ribbon page marker. The only thing I didn’t like about the Rhino journals were they were only in limited sizes; I like mine midway between full page size and half page, ideally landscape oriented.

Moleskin is oh so close but I do not like the book binding.

I thought I was the only person that thought the moleskin binding was crap.

1 Like

I’m much happier with Field Notes than I was with Moleskin’s paper cover notebooks.

But Mark, that Evernote code is still good even if you have a yearly subscription. Entering it will extend your due date for 3 months. (At least it did for me.)

For me too. I don’t have a yearly subscription, just a couple of months and any code I used - Moleskine Everbook, T-Onlne.Customer promo code - worked fine and extended the expiration date,

I thought the Evernote thing was clever because the stickers they provide are also recognised and can be used to tag your notes in some fashion or other.

It would have been nice to have seen shots of the other notebook(s) open, to gauge the line spacing etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.