A horrible way to kill fruitflies

[Permalink]

I think Iā€™ll stick with apple cider vinegar in a steep-sided container.

2 Likes

If only this worked on CONGRESSMEN amirite? ā€¦ no? nobody? alright good evening folks, hereā€™s your mc.

I skip the steep-sided container and add dish soap to mine. It breaks the surface tension and they just drownā€¦

4 Likes

I see no possible negative consequences with the use of this method.

6 Likes

I wish there were an equivalent flaming death equivalent for pantry moths.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, but Iā€™m stuck on the fact that the picture is of a dead parasitic wasp, not a fly. (Yeah, Iā€™m that guy).

10 Likes

time flies like an arrow

6 Likes

As it happens, the ā€˜pantry mothā€™ is so because its larvae feed on assorted grain foodstuffs and the like.

As it also happens, finely divided grain can be a surprisingly zesty fuel-air explosive.

I cannot earnestly recommend this, since arson charges and/or replacement of your house can be costly; but if you want to show those pantry moths some fiery, all-American, justice, let their ā€˜staff of lifeā€™ become an incendiary torrent of explosive death!

2 Likes

I can guarantee the fruit fly problem in that house is solved.

7 Likes

so, If it turn out all the lights, go to bed and leave a candle burning, wonā€™t that work just as well? or will the smoke spook them?

Hmmmm. ā€œHorrible way.ā€ How about mass genocide ā€“ taking MILLIONS of creatures and slowly dissolving them in strong acid. What a horrible way to goā€¦

Enjoy your yogurt :wink:

Wad of gasoline soaked greenbacks ā€“ when enough get close - WHOOOSH!

ā€œIn its belly, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over aā€¦thousand years.ā€

1 Like

I think that you need this little feller:

Probably just need to refine the tracking system for the smaller targets.

7 Likes
2 Likes

You have 10 seconds to comply

2 Likes

I sometimes use a similar process however in the 2nd step use a vacuum cleaner instead of a lighter. Itā€™s noisier and probably a crueler death for the fruit flies but safer for me and my dwelling.

1 Like

Oh, man. I had a bad fruit fly problem once. I decided the solution was to fill a spray bottle with Isopropyl Alcohol and use a lighter as a miniature flame thrower. It was effective for the ones caught in the blast. I killed off another batch later when the counter and curtains caught on fire from the unspent fuel that landed on them.

The fumes were pretty badā€¦ Iā€™d forgotten how fast it would evaporate. Eventually I had to stop. Minimal singing to the counter & curtains (the wife was out, of course, and she hasnā€™t noticed). Overall, it was rather satisfying.

That said, I later learned the little buggers actually use alcohol for their woes. So maybe not the best choice.

1 Like

Just flicking on a lighter is a risk for your dwelling? Do you live in a gasoline refinery?

2 Likes