A woman will replace Alexander Hamilton on the new US $10 bill

Sojourner Truth, perhaps?

4 Likes

Can we get a scientist? Or an engineer? Or at least an astronaut?

4 Likes

Yes. It is DEFINITELY winding some people up.

Think of all the harm those people are not doing with that time.

2 Likes

I still want Rosa Parks on the Dime.

As for the 10. I vote for anyone not named Ronald Reagan

4 Likes

My vote:

3 Likes

Harriet Tubman was a badass.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/tubman.html

2 Likes

To be fair, the Treasury announcement, if it can be called such a thing, says the new $10 bill “will feature” a woman. World class trolling: an image of Hillary pouring coffee for Bill.

2 Likes

Lot’s of good people to choose for the $10 but save Harriet Tubman for the $20 so we can call it the T-Dub.

6 Likes

If we had to replace one I’d prefer they replace Jackson… Hamilton started the treasury. Not that he was a saint either.

7 Likes

Is there enough room on the backside of the bill?

3 Likes

The idiots who would say that would say that anyway. It’s not like they have to prepare idiotic statements in advance; they’ve got them all queued up and ready to go at a moment’s notice.

2 Likes

I think it’s worth pointing out the irony that this was originally suggested for the $20, and they’re doing it for the $10. I guess because there’s not a $15.60 denomination.

5 Likes

Phoebe’s my choice

Mary Harris Jones?

1 Like

Ah, so standing/walking Liberty?

2 Likes

I think that there’s an argument to be made for Jackson to stay on the $20.

The man was ruthless and morally despicable, advancing a variety of egregious policies under a banner of crass populism and bellicose expansion. All this is true.

However, the $20 is (at least for the moment) about the best denomination for moving questionable money in modest quantities(anything smaller is too bulky, anything larger is suspicious, and having a Swiss banker or a New York broker handle it for you is Jeffersonian elitism, not the malfeasance of the common man!); and accepted officially and…otherwise…in more places than even the Jacksonian Manifest Destiny nuts would have dreamed.

While it has plenty of legitimate uses, the $20 is the finest bill America prints for modest-scale malfeasance and the transactions associated with it; and the dollar remains among the currencies most broadly accepted and distributed outside their native habitat.

Is there a more suitable place for an ethically dis-inhibited, crudely populist, wildly expansionistic, and deeply criminal president than the world’s finest instrument for conducting ethically and/or legally murky transactions on a modest scale?

It’s the same sort of thing that makes having the FBI’s headquarters named after J Edgar Hoover so appropriate.

11 Likes

Is that definition up-to-date?

1 Like

Seriously…this would be awesome. But they’ll probably put Hilary on it after the coronation.

1 Like

Waaaaaaaaaiiiit a minute. I thought we were talking about treasury bills and not bringing back Dubbya?

Sally Ride, anyone?

She’s recent, but still…

7 Likes