“Actually, it's about ethics in game journalism.”

After a lecture on cosmology and the structure of the solar system, William James was accosted by a little old lady wearing a “Self-Rescuing Princess Peach” t-shirt.

“Your theory that the sun is the centre of the solar system, and the earth is a ball which rotates around it has a very convincing ring to it, Mr. James, but it’s wrong. I’ve got a better theory,” said the little old lady.

“And what is that, madam?” Inquired James politely.

“Actually, it’s all about ethics in games journalism.”

Not wishing to demolish this absurd little theory by bringing to bear the masses of scientific evidence and cultural-marxist theory he had at his command, James decided to gently dissuade his opponent by making her see some of the inadequacies of her position.

“If your theory is correct, madam,” he asked, “what does ethics in games journalism stand for?”

“You’re a very clever man, Mr. James, and that’s a very good question,” replied the little old lady, “but I have an answer to it. And it is this: I’ve never received a credible threat, and secondly, those of us who hope this movement succeeds with astounding success find accusations of people ‘joining’ our movement with troubling views as something to self-police, but nothing to abandon the movement over. Are we wrong?”

“But what does ‘ethics in games journalism’ stand for?” persisted James patiently.

To this the little old lady crowed triumphantly. “I’m not your shield, Mr. James—it’s ethics in games journalism all the way down!”

17 Likes