Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix

[Permalink]

1 Like

If you want a little insight into what it was like being in the presence of Jimi Hendrix off stage, here’s an essay I wrote after spending 5 hours with him at 35,000 feet in the air . . . It was just days before his appearance at the Monterey Pop Festival and was an experience that changed the course of my life forever.
www.webspinstudios.com/byline/private/jimi.html

3 Likes

yo, I heard Jenna Maroney is gonna be in the Janis Joplin biopic.

2 Likes

Yes, but this:

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur51209533/comments?ref_=tt_urv

1 Like

Great story. Thanks.

3 Likes

I watched the trailer. Andre didn’t convince me in the slightest. I also got the impression that they didn’t have permission to use the music. One that I’ll miss, I think.

For a real rock biopic/documentary, catch Scorcese’s brilliant “No Direction Home” and marvel at the fecklessness of the kids coming out of UK theatres complaining about Dylan’s electric sell-out. They were there at the birth of modern music and were too self-absorbed (or something) to realise it. OK, easy in hindsight - but I wonder what they think now. Also a great interview with Joan Baez who recounts Dylan’s personal betrayal with painful honesty.

1 Like

Interesting, I was just thinking what a great idea to cast a musician in the role. Maybe an actor would have been a better actor.

1 Like

I was thinking Lenny Kravitz might have been a good choice.

Considering she still calls him “Bobby” with an annoying overlay of ownership I can see why he ran away from that scene and its fools. He outgrew it. They never did.

2 Likes

Interesting. I didn’t see it that way, but it’s an interpretation I’ll keep in mind next time I’m watching.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.