Art project honors 30 years of Usagi Yojimbo—and aids creator Stan Sakai in a time of need

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this. We will be buying the book. I found Sakai through his work on the Groo series, and my kids and I are currently working through the Usagi Yojimbo series. It’s great stuff.

2 Likes

You may wish to reword that headline.

/Everyone knows that aids was created by Robert Gallo.
//No really! That man in the video is wearing a tie, it MUST be true.

Is there a linky link where I can buy the booky book? Meow meow?

I’ve met Stan Sakai several times. He’s a wonderful guy and a fantastic artist! I’m so sorry to hear about his wife. I’ll definitely be chipping in and sending the message along.

JACK. DAVIS.

How cool is THAT?

The Paypal/CAPS page links to a post dating back to november 2013. While I do want to donate (loved Usagi as a kid, and having lost family members to cancer, I definitely empathize), I also want to make sure that this is a current ongoing need. Not to be too morbid, but the progression of a brain neoplasia that requires 24 hour medical care could be a rapid thing. Have there been any medical updates since 11/2013?

Mr. Sakai’s creation definitely made my life a bit better, I’d like to return the favor if possible and still needed.

Despite my long term unemployment, this is something I am happy to shell out some money for as Stan’s work has brought me lots of joy over the decades.

As of July 22, 2014 and August 2, 2014the need seems present.

Thanks for the additional info.

As much as I’d love to have the book, I assume that the proceeds to benefit the Sakai family are probably sales price - costs involved with the book, so I think I’ll go the paypal donation route. Those I assume go to them undiluted.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.