Arthur's Affecting Jeopardy! Performance

The enemy’s gate is Down.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. Evidently the gamers at the Traveller Trillion Credit Squadron Challenge forgot their roleplaying skills.

Player with a standard Traveller fleet takes one look at the bajillion tiny ships fleet, “Okay, I win. You have created a static defence. My fleet loops around the far side of your planet and begins the orbital bombardment. Stand down your fleet and surrender, or your cities will be converted into radioactive slag one after another.”

What are the 39 Steps?

Flapdoodle.

Quite right, I stand corrected. Once, over thirty years ago, cricket was interesting for about five minutes. I am surprised I remembered as much as this.

1 Like

Arthur Chu is a voice over artist; he is involved in my friend Joseph Zitt’s art project The Book of Voices. Audio files are here: http://thebookofvoices.com/the-book-of-voices-audio-project/

Joe is a wonderful writer, musician, and artist - and I’m not just saying that because he is my friend but because he is truly talented - and I hope that having Chu and other name voice actors involved will get him some well deserved recognition for his work.

1 Like

I’m like you in my interest in Cricket :slight_smile: I only remembered this game because, at the time, it seemed like New Zealand was going to recall its ambassador and declare war.

Here in Holland someone did this (I’ll try to find some evidence of this). If I remember correctly, both the game show host and the audience were amazed and seemed to find this particular guy a bit weird, laughing uncomfortably.

1 Like

Lake Titicaca

1 Like

Jealousy knows no limits nor bounds.

Totally random, but I wonder why Jeopardy! escapes @doctorow’s resolution not to include branding typography that “changes a word into a logo, and has no place in journalism or commentary.” Or is that only for Ios, and incapping is somehow the most insidious form of branding? Pity it wasn’t called the Iphone!

What is gullible?

Is there a Jeopardy equivalent of the 8+ Club?

1 Like

If you know what I mean… nudge nudge

What is the Rhone?

Did you know they took that word out of the most recent edition of the Merriam Webster dictionary?

1 Like

it’s dumb. it was a gimmick Merv Griffin’s wife came up with, IIRC, something “wacky” to distinguish it from any other normal quiz show.

It’s fully in the background to me at this point, I don’t even notice it anymore. Like those silly wigs they wear in court in the UK. They’re obviously ridiculous, but it’s just the way it’s always been done. only foreigners notice it.

1 Like

Um, it was never there in the first place.

That picture of him standing next to Trebek looking all frumpled and smug probably isn’t helping.

I’m just trying to figure out which one you’re saying looks frumpled and smug.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.