Awesomely sexist, fat-shamey Bollywood musical number and Kraftwerk ripoff: 'Yoga'

[Permalink]

where to begin indeed. the mix of languages really made it hard for me to follow, but aside from that, i was really wanting to know the setup to this number. why was he going in, who was he looking for/hiding from, etc etc. all in all, this is a hilarious start to my friday. thanks, xeni!

Since I seem to be on a roll here at BB about men’s fashion…what’s with the belt on a yoga outfit? Masculinity FTW, amirite?

This clip is an excellent reminder that producing >1 movie/day (India has the most prolific film production in the world) means a lot of what gets put out isn’t so great.

At least this was 1983, not 2013.

A little bit of Y-M-C-A thrown in.

From Kraftwerk’s “Das Model.” I nominate Kraftwerk for the most ripped-off band of all time.

2 Likes

A nice example of 1980s globish culture blooming. I think that should be my new morning routine. “We are the [complex chemical robots]”. :smile:

I’m pretty sure the speech was dubbed, which is never good. But they couldn’t dub the song, so it’s Babel.

no, i knew that. but just their accents combined with the switching between dubbed and not made it too much for my morning, pre-coffee brain to process.

1 Like

Benny Hill would have been in his element…

…is Benny Hill big in India? Hmmmm…

India was a British colony, so they really have much English infused in their modern language. Heard some Indian girls at a playground, their speech was really 80% English with funny accent (and our country isn’t even English-speaking).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.