Awful Song Thread!

Awful song or sadistic torture device: You decide.

And as I saw Technohead further up, I thought I’d add this:

1 Like

Just the first part of this. The cover of Shout starts at 1:57 and is pretty good.

This sounds like something that would be used in the soundtrack for Cowboy Bebop. Or maybe FLCL. And this is way too good to be here. I could even listen to the whole thing.

Another Australian crime against humanity:

This is a celebrated song down here. >.<

1 Like

I used to love this song as a little kid. Until I figured out that what I actually liked was EDM. Not this song specifically. I grew up in a household where the only music I was allowed to listen to was my mom’s christmas CDs, and in the off season Christian music radio, and my mom’s Kenny G. collection. This was the 1990s. I can’t believe it didn’t completely destroy my ability to appreciate music generally. But I guess water in the desert tastes sweeter.

1 Like

I love those songs! I have great memories of my earliest rave days that were powered by Shooting Star and Heart of Gold! Of course I probably have ear diabetes now. I still grind my teeth a little hearing these now. Probably has less to do less with the music than the great times I had when I was active on the scene.

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure I guess. The hixxy track at least plays around with Amen

It’s like they forgot to put it through the autotune filter … >.<

At least the sound engineer had the good sense to bury the vocals under a couple layers of synthpoop.

911 is a Joke … by Duran Duran

5 Likes

Thankfully, James May had enough integrity to reject autotune for his composition.

3 Likes

Not a contender for this thread, but I really love SwedeMason’s Clarkson mash-up.

3 Likes

No worries. We gave the world Céline Dion. <sigh>

2 Likes

And Nickelback. And that infernal little brat Bieber.

Y’all owe us a great big apology.

1 Like

Nope, not for Bieber, nor are we taking him back. We sent down a normal, if a bit dorky, kid. (Come to think of it, a bit dorky is normal for a boy that age.) Our policy is very clear: if you damage the goods, you keep them.

As for Nickelback, fair’s fair - you gave us Billy Joel and Meat Loaf. (To be perfectly fair, though, every family has a cousin or two like that, and it isn’t always possible to keep them locked up in the attic, more’s the pity.)

3 Likes

And then there’s this one:

2 Likes

I’ve Never Been To Me is one of those songs that I understand is supposed to be absolutely terrible and yet I simply can’t understand why; it’s well sung, lyrics are okay, it’s catchy. Sure it’s all kinds of cheesy but I can’t understand why it’s awful.

Maybe I’ve just got a blind spot for certain kinds of terrible – I mean, I also like the Daredevil movie for heaven’s sake.

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone was going to add that one.

For me, it’s that overwrought spoken passage. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Can’t believe tain’t here yet

good luck

This one is on endless rotation at the local grocery, and seems to play every friggin’ time I have to go shopping.