Badass Dragons of the Wasteland - Round Four Mission Topic (finally!)

Scouting Report

Desmond Baltar @SteampunkBanana has already posted the four Hollywood sights we scouts tracked down. Desmond was faster than I was at decoding the clues, so he rushed ahead of me. That gave me more time to examine these interesting places.

The first site was the Warner Brothers Back Lot. Warner is interesting for at least two reasons. First, if we get to Mars, we could meet one of their stars.

They also stockpiled a lot of good hardware before it all went south.

From the Warner Back Lot we went to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, where Johnny Ramone, Cecil B. DeMille, Jayne Mansfield, Rudolph Valentino, Douglas Fairbanks, and hundreds more of Hollywood’s greatest stars were buried, and presumably became the zombie fodder for Mission 1. However, the current Cemetery is only half of the original. The other half became Paramount Studios, which has quite the knack for animating the undead.

The third entry may seems like another coffee shop but is in fact holy site . The founder of IHOP established “House of Pies” long ago, and its widely-reputed spiritual healing properties attract pilgrims from as far as Paris.

The final picture was in Koreatown. Apparently, before Stretch got to put his name on everything, he worked at Olympic Auto Body Shop.

I did find one important place Desmond didn’t get to see. An amazincollection of cars is ripe for the picking at the Petersen Automotive Museum on the Miracle Mile.

–Bubba Zanetti

8 Likes