Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Round 4 - Cube Farm

Quirky, still high from Sir Galaxy strumming my pain with his fingers, and singing my life with his words, skips through the spaceport, flicking with his tongue the thin promise of hope in the air. Still bopping his head from side to side with the infectious beat, Quirky clicks open the Omni-Pay™.

+++ Check Public Investments Request+++

STATUS: NO TAKERS. (SMARKETING™ TIP: Recommend use “Profit-Tunity” instead of “Opportuni-Profit”. “Profit-tunity” surpasses “Opportuni-Profit” by 51 points in Smarketing™ Focus Groups.

ACTION: DISABLE Smarketing™ Plug-In.

+++ Check Private Creditors Request+++

NO RESPONSE FROM [3] APPLICATIONS.

ACTION: SIGH.

“Hey, there’s an actual SIGH button. Huh.”

+++ Download COMMUNITY BANK Plug-In +++

Click INQUIRY: “If User [Quirky Kumquat] can find 50 sb, Community Bank will remit same to Ella to support User [Quirky Kumquat] participation in Mission 2? Mission participation being independent of outstanding Unizone Debt?”

ACTION: Request Loan, 50 sb, Any source. Terms yours.

+++

Quirky finds himself at the underdrum of the Somewhat Broken Heart, still humming his fellow lizard’s song. He pulls himself up into bridge.

It’s gonna be a long everything.

4 Likes

How about my b5 back, plus a nominal sum of your choice if your mission succeeds?

Do you know the ways of mead?

3 Likes

That’s some clever trade financing:

But parts from Unizone on credit, sell parts to slaal for cash, use cash to choose an Ella mission.

-Falkayn.

5 Likes

You mean… spoiled honey ?!?!?

YOU FIEND

Outside of smoke, one of my favorite indulgences, actually. Smashing stuff!

By any chance, have you ever had Unicum ?

4 Likes

Much apologies, Sir Galaxxy. With b40 to Ella, my last b1.4 went to Watford, so I’m at plumb zero.

I will endeavor to tip your spitoon when I’m flush. I dig that style you got going on, looking like Mr. Roboto, sounding like LZRD SKNYRD.

3 Likes

I had enquired of Patrace about such a theorhetical arrangement, and it was implied that it might be fraught with death.

The implication was followed up with:

EDIT: For clarity, the answer is very unlikely. It would take incredible luck to come out alive.

So, YMMV.

That doesn’t look like my cup of…er…whatever that is.

Central European herbal liqueur. A digestive, if you will. Imported from Old Earth (and not even available in the Old United States*, if you can imagine such a thing).

“Grows grey moss on your tongue”, as the aficionados say!

* :::sob:::

UPDATE: good lord, but I do repeat myself. Very well then, I repeat myself. I am large; I contain multitudes. Granted, they’re all copies of the same etalon, but, whatevs.

1 Like

IF being the operative term. My hull is… well, it ain’t happy.

But yes, those terms are fantastic and CLAWS CROSSED I will be victorious and you shall see a return on your investment.

My accountants are crunching the numbers as we speak.

4 Likes

Thanks to Mackey @funruly, I don’t need quite so much any more.

I am requesting b16.4.

private message to captains involved in the financial collective. Begin encrypted text I need help. Willing to do Mission 3 if I am supported. I will remit my debt plus 15% to the pool if I survive. Some repairs would increase the chance greatly. end encrypted text

@patrace

prior orders cancelled

Unizone borrowing 80bits
Community borrowing fund for 3.3 bits @bizmail_public
b40 - Unizone Cloaking Device (2 ST) - buy 2x cloaking devices on credit and reinstall both to @Slaal for [[b36]] in exchange
b40 - Nano Patch Goop / Bucket (25 HP) buy 2x on credit for the Awesomating Overthruster
b40 - to Ella for Mission 3

gonna have zero bits in my pocket and 80bits unizone debt but I’ll BE FLYING BABY!!!

Unizone can suck my exhaust if their going to send us on wicked match ups with Nilah that are loss leaders!!!

I knew my speed freak flyer bretheren were enjoying some bulging pockets, didn’t know they had a bulging finance brain as well.

4 points of stealth coming your way (in exchange for b36) if this offer still stands!

May you reduce your damage and increase your proseperity, as well as mine - everybody drink!

1 Like

transfer b25.0 to @davide405 Captain Natasha Fatale, Treasurer of the Community Bank.

B10.0 is my pledge
B15.0 is the pledge from @PromptedInk Captain Sorbet Wooster.

Captain Wooster has directed that my repayment of the principal from the personal loan he extended to me be directed to the Community Bank.

-Falkayn

From here forward, ships flying non-Unizone missions are no longer welcome to shop with the Unizone parts for partners program.

I’m not sure how you’re buying Unizone items and then flying Ella’s missions. cc: @uphill

1 Like

Anyone trying to execute complicated mission orders, unconventional purchases, ship-to-ship trades and community banking should make sure to include a clear itemization of their entire turn in one location or risk an error or omission in my interpretation.

My hope:

-b25 Hull Repairs (10 HP)
-b25 Homing Missiles (4 FP)
-b5 Loan to @monkeyoh
-b45 Loan to @OtherMichael
-b50 Mission 2 - Nebulous

My fear:

The intrepid ship heads out on a mission to deliver artifacts and takes some homing missiles and gets a generous loan of b5 from a friend.

Mission flavor text is awesome, just don’t forget to clearly summarize in some kind of list form.

8 Likes

It’s got a big + on it, so it must be some sort of healing potion. I’ll try it…

2 Likes

how does the shop know if I haven’t flown a non-UZ mission yet based on the order of operations and assuming that Ella and Unizone are not comparing notes?

Agree that it isn’t action that Unizone will take in stride, but neither will the pilots under Unizone’s work for free while taking dmg model.

I suppose I could just not fly…

1 Like

Argh! Fine print, my only weakness!

I’ll have to do some thinking and will respec my mission selection shortly.

2 Likes