Badass Space Dragon - GM Toolkit Development

Sounds like we’d need two (or more) heads running this thing, as the fictional part of this endeavor will require as much skull-sweat as the nuts & bolts of the database management.

@daneel, @awjt, @penguinchris, @Mister44, @funruly, @patrace, @sam, @CaptainPedge, @bizmail_public, @JonasEggeater, (I’d also mention Slaal and cha0tic and danegeld, but I’m limited to ten mentions. Tsk tsk.)

I hereby toss my hat in the ring for the fictional side of this. Before the holidays, Daneel and PenguinChris and I were batting around some ideas, and I think I’ve got something based upon those conversations that would fit pretty neatly within the mechanical structure of the BSD framework, while being a somewhat different genre, and leaves room for the creative riffing that made BSD the awesomest thing to happen in my gaming life in memory.

I’m typing up a quick summary of the background and scenario. Later this evening I’ll PM you guys with what I’ve got, and if enough of you like it, we can prepare to play it.

In the meantime, those of you with skill at data-wrangling (which excludes me, since the best I could do would be to enter all the data by hand and calculate it with, like, an actual calculator, which would be time-prohibitive if we want to achieve something on the order of two or three rounds per week) can decide who wants to build the interface and the data-cruncher. Or whatever it is you’d call it.

At any rate, let me get to typing. I offer no guarantees you’ll like what I’ve got here (I hope you do), but gimme your honest opinion. if you like it and wanna use it, great. If you don’t like it and wanna use someone else’s fiction, great: that means I’ll get to play! Win/win.

3 Likes