Badass Space Dragon - Round 6 - A Tiny Problem

Where do you think Tiny got the money for hisss upgradesss from? There isss a lot of ssspeculation that he’sss bankrolled by ICUP. It’sss not hard to imagine that the Coalissshion wantsss rid of you becaussse of your visssbility asss a “Patriotic Hero”, whatever one of thossse isss. The Q could be a powerful sssymbol if you chossse to rebel and join usss “roguesss and piratesss”, asss you ssso charmingly put it (how about ssscoundrelsss? I like the sssound of that. Csssertainly, better than G-Lizard).

Can they take that risssk with a propaganda pinup sssuch asss yourssself? Perhapsss better that you meet with an heroic end at the clawsss of a devilisssh brigand? A dead hero isss easssier to manipulate, after all.

Undeniably, the Talionisss isss much more powerful than it wasss. Tiny wasss never a very sssuccessssssful busssinesssssslizard. It ssseemsss odd that sssuddenly he’sss ssso flusssh. You are not well advisssed to be ssso naive, given your posssition. Open your eyesss!

Neverthelessssss, it appearsss that the tide isss ssswinging towardsss keeping you alive, which isss nice (although I am concerned that your Coalissshion ssstance goesss further than ssskin deep). Yesssterday I made it clear that I would ssswap to Missssssion 4 if I thought you were sssafe. Increasssingly, that ssseemsss likely. Only the Dasss Boot (The The Boat?) hasss publicly declared againssst you, and even then, left sssome room for manoeuvre. I won’t fight againssst you, but if you want me to risssk my life and that of my crew, I’d like a little more ressspect, at leassst. I have concernsss asss to your future actionsss if you have to choossse a ssside.

I wonder if Captain Pedge doesssn’t like usss outlawsss too much and prefersss nessstling in the ample bosssum of Lady Coalition. I mussst consssider my next move.

2 Likes

[quote=“bizmail_public, post:72, topic:11138”]
Since I will post no more on this topic except for the final “analysis” post I have committed to above, the Muddlin’ Through will not commit before Friday evening. [/quote]

Check your chronograph, captain. By Friday evening the missions will be over.

Thank you for correction. I did mean Thursday. I’ll correct that now.

I will offer $7000. While I don’t believe in luck, I DO look damn good in a fedora. I don’t mind any bloodstains.

You ssstill have $25000 ssstore credit from Mondo…

Captain Newb Naiv for First Post1

Money: $50.230
Extra from Skipper: $214.28
Total: $50.444.28

Shopping:
Hull Density Adjustment x 49 $25.000
Zot Guns x 5 $25.000
Rot-Gut x 2 $400

Left: $544.28

Mission 1 ($500)

I’d prefer to keep Tiny alive as a counter weight to the ICUP but I value Captain Pedge more in the probable scenario of a full out war with the ICUP. So I have to side with Pedge here.

If we are able to buy Tiny’s loyalty that would certainly be a option for me, and I would gladly buy a few less ship upgrades in that case and run mission 4.

Total money left: $44.28

2 Likes

Tiny is not interested in money, he wants blood.

You missed your last turn. You have a $25,000 store credit at Pete’s donated by Don Mondo for your part in fighting the ICUP. It must be spent in a single turn and no change or remainders will be issued.

I select mission 1.

A Charybdis populated by captains with absolutely no interest in money is not the type of Galaxy that I am trying to safeguard. We do have cargo holds for a reason. Maybe Don Mondo was not a freedom-fighting legitimate businessman after all.

Oops, I meant, ‘‘It’s easy to draw and animate lizards in MSPaint. So that’s why.’’ No hard feelings.

1 Like

Out of character

Just a quick note to say that even though my character may very well not survive this round, I hereby commit to not hold grudges in the real world away from this game. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this little excursion and I applaud everyone who has been taking part for their enjoyable and entertaining posts.

5 Likes

Wow. Have to try this one out… I second that…

El-Esk is indisposed.

Last I saw her she was muttering something about ‘housefucking number crunchers…’

Personally, I’m glad she’s sidelined. I could see her eying up the Scylla - looking for a glorious way out…

Me - well… I’m all for revenge, but usually I like to be the revenger. Tragic, I know.

We’ll sign on to defend Pedge.

39 x Hull Denisty adjustments = $19500
Mission 1 equipping costs = $500
Newt Greenwald’s unimpressive expansionist screed = $12

Don’t forget the $4k from the escrow. A little extra punch is always good. – Falkayn

I must say I am touched by the large number of captains who have publically pledged themselves to my defense, whether or not you are defending me specifically, or going after Tiny for other reasons, I will say here and now that your assistance in this matter will not be soon forgotten.

In recognition of his exemplary service to the good fortunes of the galaxy in rallying the ships to the most fortuitous outcome, I would like to present Captain Falkayn of the Muddlin’ Through a small token of my esteem.

Loads eyeball trophy into matter transference system and uploads to the Muddlin Through

1 Like

Hi Pete, nice to see you safe. I’d forgotten you’d got this place.

Yeah. The trip was a piece of piss. The Pillar of Autumn wasn’t so lucky though. That Blue Meth can be lethal.

Did you hear the bullshit about Charybdis and tourism. And being a… “paradise for the reclusive traveller”? I’d like to know how that’s going to work if Galaxxon are going to come in and set up planet coring operations and start sun harvesting. That sort of shit fucks up a system really quickly.

Nah. I’m still not sure if I’m going to stick around in system. I need to think about it some more, but whilst I’m here can you do some work on The Cobra for me. What ever I decide she’s going to need beefing up.

3 x Zot Guns = -$15,000 = +15FP
3 x Scramblers = -$15,000 = +15ST
35 x Hull Density upgrade = -$17,500
I dropped -$20 in the bar.
That leaves me $2560

Yeah. I’ll need a bit of a bank roll whatever I decide. You want me to give you a call if I’m going to split?

OK

Oh Yeah. Another thing. Do you know where I can get hold of an M41A, a Kill-o-zap or maybe a DL-44?

OK, let us know if you think of anyone.

Cobra II

HP: (115 + 35) = 150/150
FP: = (32 + 15) = 47
SH: = 39
EN: = 34
ST: = (26 + 15) = 41
LK: = 50
Ca$h: = $2560
Hat: = Greasy Ball Cap
GRIT: = 15

If I had the Starbucks, I would choose mission 1

Hmm. How many have chosssen Mission 1 already? Are you eligible for the $4000 from Falkayn?

You have $25000 to go ssshopping with, although that’sss ssstore credit only.

I am going to ssswap to Missssssion 4, ssso take the $4000 he offered me, unless El-Esssk @agfish objectsss.

Falkayn @bizmail_public needsss to check who he’sss paying, I think it’s the:

Ironclad Cochrane, First Post1, Nordtjärnan, Nitetimeissstheritime, Jewel of the Desssert

Plus one of yourself or the Sssenessscent Wanderer.

** Muddlin’ Through Publicly Hailing Talionis on All Frequencies**

Greetings Captain Parvos Perfide, from David Falkayn of the Muddlin’ Through.

First, I want to thank you, Captain Perfide, for joining our revolution. There is a large I.C.U.P. fleet coming, and whether or not you fight with us, your public actions ensure you will be fighting the I.C.U.P. We appreciate the help.

Second, send my greetings to Don Mondo, President of Charybdis. A man of his stature has many responsibilities, so I hope he is enjoying a few well-earned days away from the spotlight. We trust he looks as good as ever in his Fancy Bicorne – the hat that, like the President himself, left the Badass Space Dragon in good condition, my sources claim.

However, what I really want to discuss is the Lex Talionis, also known as the" law of an eye for eye."

Under that ancient code of law, every harm must be meant with an equivalent harm. “Retributive Justice” the scholars call this. A simple enough code of justice for mentally limited lizards crawling in the muck, but wholly inadequate for running an entire galaxy. Even if you get your “revenge”, Sir, you will be doing major violence to President Mondo’s dream of a glorious Charybdis.

So how do we create this better tomorrow President Mondo dreams of, while allowing you to keep your vow of “an eye for an eye”?

Interestingly, I have an eye right here in the Muddlin’ Through.

An eye that, until a few minutes ago, was resting on Captain Pedge’s dashboard in the Quisquiliae sStruem. An eye that was in the Badass Space Dragon before it choose so unwisely to stand for a fight it could not win. An eye we have treated with great care and reverence.

But I can offer much more than just an “eye for an eye.”

If you retrieve the eye, Captain Perfide, you are entitled to that $50,000 bounty – and perhaps more as well.

If we can find a modus vivendi, the Talionis lives to fight another day. As matters stand now, you are more likely to die than to live, though admittedly you die with your honor intact. But wouldn’t it be better to have your honor, your ship, and your life intact?

I can offer more. Much still lives for President Mondo and his dreams. Your having the helm of the Talionis is but one example. But the I.C.U.P. and Scylla are coming to take these from you. That give us something in common. Whatever our differences, we both need the Coalition Annexation thwarted.

Lastly, we all share the dream of a Charybdis free of outside interference. Whatever organized (or disorganized) government emerges from this revolution, Charybdis will need someone to represent it to the outside world. A President. And wouldn’t someone wearing a Fancy Bicorne look splendid at the United Galactic Nations meetings? Smiling for the cameras? Showing Brad Nebula around?

I have proposed a lot here. Take your time to consider this. Talk it over. Consult President Mondo if you can – for this broadcast is being heard by all across Charybdis.

But until we talk, I have the eye – backed by an undefeated posse.

Sincerely,

David Falkayn, Muddlin’ Through

END TRANSMISSION

1 Like

CaptainPedge sent a private message.

Hmmm. Lookssss like Pedge’sss Arcturan Cone of Ssssilence worksss only sssslightly better than mine doesss.

2 Likes