Bear walking upright like a human

[Permalink]

Are we sure that’s not “The Abominable Bearman”? It’s got pretty big feet.

1 Like

Oh $#!t they are evolving!!!
I have never seen a bear travel so far standing upright, is that normal? It is not in Oregon.

Fake.
Monkey in a badger suit.

8 Likes

Best Sasquatch I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

If popular culture has taught me anything, it’s that this is perfectly natural behaviour for bears.

With a better microphone, we’d hear phrases like “Mr. Ranger Sir” and “In the woods? Hah! This’ll teach 'em…”

6 Likes

Bear City!

2 Likes

I’ve seen a black bear in the UP walk upright before and during a road crossing.

I don’t know whether it’s normal or how widespread it is in wild bears.

1 Like

Battle for the Planet of the Bears…

4 Likes

Hard to see. It’s barely visible in most of that video.

I have seen short runs like your road crossing, but this one just kept walking. Why do bears go up on two legs? I can only imagine it has something to do with smelling considering their bad eyes.

He’s smarter than the average bear.

9 Likes

Maybe they realise that urbanised areas are more suited to being at that height - you can look directly into bins, see over cars, look more directly ahead etc., which may not be as useful in the wild.

4 Likes

Also, if it grew up watching people come and go, it may be a learned, beneficial, behavior.

Or maybe it’s just a bear spy, sent to infiltrate the humans.

4 Likes

He’s just trying to blend in.

“Oh! Hello fellow human! Just out for a walk in the neighborhood! I wonder what the Smiths have thrown away today! I do so love walking upright, unlike those awful animals on all fours! Say, have you put out your trash yet? A fine day! I look forward to golfing or getting into my metal box with wheels later! Must go!”

22 Likes

Related to this bear in Russia?

Oy now I have an image of some bear in a tweed suit, fedora, and glasses.

And now I have the image of a bear in a bikini trying to use the sexy lure on us.(how many mamae do bears have?)

Man oh man. I can imagine not paying to much attention in the early morning, and then walking up to this thing thinking it was just another person. That did creep me out. I guess we’ve solved any Sasquatch sightings.

There was probably a smell advantage to being upright in that situation, so he or she stayed up.

That’s no bear. That’s a big-ass cockroach pretending to be a bear.

2 Likes