Man dresses as grizzly bear to scare off black bear (video)

Originally published at: Man dresses as grizzly bear to scare off black bear (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

A gorilla dies of old age at a zoo right before the zoo opens. It is the only gorilla at the zoo since they are not very profitable.

However the gorilla is their most popular attraction and they can’t afford to go a day without it. So the zoo owner asks one of his workers to wear a gorilla suit they have in storage for an extra $100 a day if he will go in the gorilla cage and pretend to be the gorilla until the zoo can afford a new one.

Quickly, the new “gorilla” becomes the most popular craze at the zoo. People from all over are coming to see the “Human-like” gorilla.

About a month in, the craze has started to wear off. So, to get peoples’ attention back, he decides to climb over his enclosure and hang from the net ceiling above the lions’ den next to him. A large crowd of people gather watching the spectacle in awe and terror. Suddenly the man loses his grip and falls to the floor of the lion’s den. The man starts screaming “HELP!! HELP!!!” Suddenly a lion pounces him from behind and whispers in his ear, “Shut up or you’re going to get us both fired!”

13 Likes

We Bare Bears Panda GIF by Cartoon Network

6 Likes

The poor bear ran to hide in a car

3 Likes

No you don’t get it.

Tall. . . walking on two feet . . hairy. . . it turns out bears are afraid of Sasquatch too.

6 Likes

I think I heard him saying- get off my lawn!

4 Likes

Interesting how indifferent the camera person was to the potential dismemberment .

5 Likes

Because hey, what could possibly go wrong here?

4 Likes

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Then I saw the suit.

4 Likes

It’s never a good idea to provoke a wild animal but black bear attacks on human beings are pretty rare. You’re statistically way more likely to get killed by a dog.

2 Likes

Just making noise is what scared away the black bear. Black bears want nothing to do with humans, and the slightest noise and waving your arms will shoo them away. That doesn’t make content for “ViralHog” though. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Cool. Now do a mountain lion.

1 Like

That bear has seen the Wicker Man remake. It knows what kind of trouble it doesn’t want.

I’m glad bear and man alike escaped unscathed. But had this gone differently there is one hell of an epitaph in the story.

1 Like

I think somewhere there exists maybe 5 seconds of video where he is actually encountering a bear… all the rest is lame Jackass stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/xedm5c/canadian_inventor_troy_hurtubise_tests_his/

Those stats usually don’t include exposure to the risk, though. Many people are within range of dogs, not so many are exposed to bears… I grew up in bear country and never gave them much concern; they usually hightailed it. Now, however, there are many more bears accustomed to scavenging from people, I think bear encounters may be a little more dangerous. Never was there a time when I would have tried to scare a bear with a grizz mask, though. Maybe bang a pot next time :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not sure that suit was as padded as we think it was.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.