Hangzhou zoo in China insists its sun bears are not people in costumes

Originally published at: Hangzhou zoo in China insists its sun bears are not people in costumes | Boing Boing

4 Likes

It’s all been downhill since this good boy betrayed everyone’s trust.

4 Likes

Clearly a non human animal.

5 Likes

Obviously. No cellphone.

6 Likes

I’m counting the minutes until some “influencer” films himself leaping the fence and searching the bear for the zipper.

7 Likes

At least he won’t come to a grizzly end.

5 Likes

That’s looking on the sunny side of things.

3 Likes

I still think the story is fake though

2 Likes

Just look for the bare necessities

4 Likes

The story is fake, or the bear?

Anyway, it’s a confusing video. To me it does look human while standing, but then like a bear when it collapses and walks away. Too bad the video doesn’t follow its walk longer (maybe because that would make it obvious that it is a bear – boom, no more viral video).

3 Likes

Though if the bear reads about this, it may realize all it has to do is shave, borrow some zoo uniforms, and casually walk upright out of the zoo.

5 Likes

I think the lion video i posted is fake. "A zoo in eastern China " - really? Which one?

3 Likes

Bears aren’t real.

8 Likes

Did you hear about the zoo in China that only had a dog in it?

It was a Shih Tzu.

<seeing myself out …>

3 Likes

100% real.

ninja GIF

6 Likes
  1. global warming isn’t real
  2. but if it is, it’s not anthropogenic
  3. but if it is, it’s worth it because it debunks fake-sunbear viral videos
2 Likes

I hope the story is real, and the zoo officials were just trying to cover up what was a brilliantly planned escape by the lions, leopards, and wolves.

1 Like

(Repost from related thread)

A gorilla dies of old age at a zoo right before the zoo opens. It is the only gorilla at the zoo since they are not very profitable.

However the gorilla is their most popular attraction and they can’t afford to go a day without it. So the zoo owner asks one of his workers to wear a gorilla suit they have in storage for an extra $100 a day if he will go in the gorilla cage and pretend to be the gorilla until the zoo can afford a new one.

Quickly, the new “gorilla” becomes the most popular craze at the zoo. People from all over are coming to see the “Human-like” gorilla.

About a month in, the craze has started to wear off. So, to get peoples’ attention back, he decides to climb over his enclosure and hang from the net ceiling above the lions’ den next to him. A large crowd of people gather watching the spectacle in awe and terror. Suddenly the man loses his grip and falls to the floor of the lion’s den. The man starts screaming “HELP!! HELP!!!” Suddenly a lion pounces him from behind and whispers in his ear, “Shut up or you’re going to get us both fired!”

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.