Zoo in China insists this is a real bear and not a human in disguise, but really? (video)

Originally published at: Zoo in China insists this is a real bear and not a human in disguise, but really? (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

The BBC had a sun bear expert from Chester Zoo on yesterday. Apparently, the baggy skin is an evolutionary adaptation to help them against other predators. A tiger or leopard might get a good grip on the bear’s skin, but the bear still has enough freedom with all that slack to turn round and whack it.

12 Likes

The way she sits down tells me it’s a bear and not a human. You try sitting down like that while wearing a huge bulky suit.

When she sits down you can also get a better idea of her body proportions, which really don’t suggest human-in-a-bear-suit.

20 Likes

Looks like a bear to me. Bears can look a lot like people when they stand up and walk, etc. One reason why there are so many legends around them.

14 Likes

Angela the Sunbear, “I am a real bear; but the zoo is a fake.”

9 Likes

More like, “Hey, I’m one of you, let me out!”

4 Likes

Compare the results of a human in a collie suit.

His movements are nowhere close to what an actual dog makes (unless it was severely crippled).

4 Likes

Reboinged from just yesterday. Still on the front page for me.

2 Likes

Sun bears do look like humans in a bear suit when the stand up. Same with Red Pandas, though they’d be very small humans in red panda suits.

7 Likes

Ironically the zoo is run by bears in people suits.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Obviously a real bear. Just look at it move on the ground.

2 Likes

If only it was a dog. He could work out a crossover deal with short-haired-collie guy.

1 Like

More of those plz, thnx.

6 Likes

such a lack of -basic- knowledge!
this is the kind of “article” I would never want to read

1 Like

Lucky you didn’t read it then.

5 Likes

The manimal is being replaced by A.I.

4 Likes

It is a lot to bear.

7 Likes