Zoo in China disguised dog as lion

[Permalink]

Shabby, is the word that springs to mind

although, this does give me an idea… an all “dogs dressed as other animals” zoo.

6 Likes

A guy responds to a job position at the city zoo. The ad mentioned the salary but not what he would be doing. Come to find out that the zoo’s gorilla had unexpectedly passed away. The zoo had just spent millions on promotions which focused on the gorilla and now they needed a gorilla. The guy really needed the job and the money was good so he accepted.

Everyday he would put on the gorilla suit, hang out in his cage and be the gorilla. After a while he started enjoying himself. He would scare little kids, roar at the crowds, and eat bananas and stuff. You know, gorilla things. As time wore on he became the main attraction at the zoo. He would swing on his trees and vines, and the people loved him.

One particularly busy Saturday he was swinging around and accidentally swings over his fence and lands in the lion’s cage. The lion slowly opens his eyes and sees the gorilla. The lion begins to stalk. The lion, now drooling and wide awake, slowly approaches the gorilla who is backed up against the fence.

The lion is ready to jump, then the man in the gorilla suit started yelling, “Help! Help! I’m not a gorilla. I’m a man! help, help !!”

Then the lion said, " Shut-up stupid, or we’ll both get fired!"

8 Likes

Ha! This comes to mind.

http://storylog.com/tales-from-china-davesecretary/

ctrl+f to “So while this experience is fresh,”, and go from there. The whole thing is worth a good read though.

1 Like

One of my alltime favorite photos, used it as a screen background. The dog just looks so happy to be “dressed up”.

Some chow puppy pandas

2 Likes

I only read a few anecdotes, but I didn’t find anything too far fetched. Sometimes living in China was like being an extra in an absurdist movie.

This is just the beginning of the coverup. China’s REAL secret is that giant pandas went extinct in 1977 and they’ve been using hair dye on polar bears ever since.

A man walks into a bar with a dog and they proceed to get hammered. The dog drinks so much it passes out on the floor.

The man gets up and heads for the door to leave when the bartender yells, “Hey! You can’t leave that lyin’ there!” The drunk replies, “That’s not a lion! It’s a Tibetan Mastiff!”

1 Like

That’s nothing . . . turns out their their hedgehog exhibit was just Ron Jeremy in a cage.

1 Like

Meanwhile in the Tibetan Mastiff cage…

This has to be done-

I went to a zoo last weekend. There were no animals at all except one cage with a dog in it. It was a Shih Tzu.

3 Likes

Hi,I am a Chinese.Actually,the zoo in my city is very humble.There is only few animals in there.It has been six years since I went there.What about the zoo in your city?Is the zoo really the way you said?
(PS:My English is not very good,and I hope you can understand what I mean.)

In related news:

@PGMOOG was just making a joke using a play on words. The English pronunciation of “Shih Tzu” (a breed of dog) sounds like “Shit Zoo” (meaning the zoo was very unimpressive).

1 Like

Oh,that’s very interesting !Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.