Chinese zoo tried to pass off Golden Retriever as African lion

Originally published at: Chinese zoo tried to pass off Golden Retriever as African lion | Boing Boing

1 Like

One tried with an even smaller dog.

It was a Shih Tzu.*

*This is one of those jokes that works better verbally than in print

22 Likes

There’s a lion in every dog, that’s what I say, anyways.

7 Likes

In the eternal war between cat lovers and dog lovers, this was an affront to both sides.

10 Likes

I Shih Tzu not.

14 Likes

Very fierce. Stand back.

1 Like

download (1)

29 Likes

They could have just gotten a big old cat like a Maine Coon, given it a haircut with a mane and then claimed it was a miniature lion. Might have been a bit more believable?

12 Likes

I’ve got some photos somewhere of chickens on display (behind glass like all the other birds) at the Beijing Zoo.

On one hand it’s funny. On the other hand, it was part of the pheasant exhibit. And a lot of the visitors are urban kids that have never seen a chicken in person.

My Kentucky shtick of point to various animals at a zoo and saying “Them’s good eats” seemed both most appropriate and least understood it every could be.

4 Likes

“No, I assure you that’s a regular-size lion. It’s just standing very far away.”

17 Likes

It’s obviously a “first-copy” lion.

2 Likes

Human explains perspective. Theirs.

1 Like

I see they finished the “He’s British, of Course” questline in Red Dead Redemption 2.

1 Like

It looks like it has a little vest/harness on…did they just borrow someone’s assistance dog?

1 Like
6 Likes

e3dbb46931f75842c8fb977899339180

5 Likes

Glad someone did it. Saved me the trouble. :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe the dog ate the lion.

3 Likes

The truly awful thing about this is that the enclosure, which isn’t even big enough for a dog, previously did and may again house a lion. Horrible and shameful. And not at all funny.

5 Likes

Then there’s the American National Zoo where they put an orange baboon on display as the President.

4 Likes