Chinese zoo-goers bamboozled into seeing inflatable penguins

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/03/chinese-zoo-goers-bamboozled-i.html

1 Like

It’s a distraction!

penguins-madagascar-movie-still-2

11 Likes

Is that something? :thinking:

3 Likes

Could’ve been worse. In Japan it would’ve been cute girls dressed as penguins.

3 Likes

Worse? Now what is so wrong about an anime girl jpop penguin cosplay group?

9 Likes

Better than the alternative.

4 Likes

Oh the poor clueless exhibit attendants, having to fend off angry questions without the support of management or armed soldiers. Poor things.

“Another zoo in the eastern province of Jiangsu also put inflated penguins on display rather than the real thing, while a “wild” zoo in central China’s Anhui province was populated by common domestic animals including poodles and pet pigs.”

Oh heavens.

1 Like

These zoos sound like “winter wonderland” scams here in Britain.

4 Likes

I’ve heard of a zoo in China that has nothing in it but one small dog.

It’s a shit zoo.

7 Likes

In China they believe in “If you can cheat, then CHEAT!” They are taught this from early school ages up to corporate offices. In all walks of life in China, cheating is expected. The victims are seen as fools/idiots for getting cheated!

Fake animals in a zoo is not surprising. Neither is fake milk that kills 1000s of children (and the milk company’s CEO getting executed by firing squad) is no surprise in China. “Life is Cheap” in China.

TQQdles™

You owe me a new ironymeter.

1 Like

Who says I was being facetious? :wink:

“This Way to the Egress”

Awesome! It’s like a whole country populated with people with an MBA.

1 Like

…a worker dressed up as a snowman received so much verbal abuse that he eventually walked off in full costume.

LOL4realz

So a new low-budget zoo manages to land a gorilla for one of their exhibits, but the gorilla dies of old age just before the zoo opens. Unfortunately they pinned much of the promotional outreach for the zoo on this exhibit and they don’t have the budget to get a new gorilla. So the zoo owner asks one of his workers to wear a gorilla suit they have in storage for an extra $100 a day if he will go in the cage and pretend to be the gorilla until the zoo can afford a new one.

Quickly, the new “gorilla” becomes the most popular craze at the zoo. People from all over are coming to see the “Human-like” gorilla. About a month in, the craze has started to wear off. So, to get peoples attention back, he decides to climb over his enclosure and hang from the net ceiling above the lions den next to him. A large crowd of people gather watching the spectacle in awe and terror. Suddenly the man loses his grip and falls to the floor of the lions den. The man starts screaming “HELP!! HELP!!!” Suddenly a lion pounces him from behind and whispers in his ear, “Shhh! You want to get us both fired!?”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.