Boing Boing Gift Guide 2015

It tastes like mama.

She’s not coming back either kids.

Eeeeek!

FWIW -
The Cuisinart food processor listed is the best you can buy for the money and if you’re a cook at home - get it should you not have one. I’ve had this model for over a decade and it’s a champ.
The AT turntable is also great. We’re very happy with ours.

1 Like

Me too. The very best Christmas concert I ever saw was at Disney World (Florida). I was down there at the perfect time, near to Christmas but before the huge onslaught of crowds came in. They had a celebrity narrator reading the birth of Jesus story from the Bible, interspersing that reading with appropriate carols (our narrator was I think Kirk Cameron, but as you get right onto Christmas the narrators get more star powered). The finale was Messiah Hallelujah chorus. I loved the simplicity of the presentation; even if you are not religious it’s still a beautiful story.

What made it so great was there were two high school choirs flanking the Disney amateur choir, which was excellent, and then in front of them were 8 professional singers who could hit all the very high and very low notes. It was fabulous to see it performed with so much force behind it as well as all the notes getting hit well.

3 Likes

Don’t drink from plastic bottles or disposable cups. You’re ingesting who knows what chemicals with who knows what effect, over time.

You should probably avoid vaccines and cell phones, too. You’re exposed to who knows what chemicals and radiation with who knows what effect over time.

The blank cards pack seems interesting. I can print all my “humorous” fake magic cards on them.

1 Like

Yes… there are always more CDs.

1 Like

My $0.02

EDIT / P.S.: I think that “I received this product at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review” would work as a caption for any number of New Yorker cartoons. So would “what a relief knowing that my benefit will never be cancelled, and my rate is locked in for life.”

2 Likes

Contemplating the under the weather tent thingy as a poor man’s (well, heavily indebted to fedloan people) officepod. Two hundred bucks for one of the big ones sounds better than the 25k the podpeople want. Hivemind, does this sound crazy?

did I just see a guy recommend a v1brator and a woman recommend a vacuum cleaner?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.