Canada's Tories say the government's new slogan is a state secret

[Permalink]

So Ted Cruz does have a home to go back to…

9 Likes

Hell, no… we are hoping Ted will get elected so we can export Harper and be rid of him!

1 Like

Proud eh?
I say we just take it back and make it a second Gay Pride day. Rainbow flags everyone?

1 Like

The NDP criticized Harper for it, but the NDP does it too.

Here in Manitoba the NDP government paid over $600,000 to a New York ad firm for the slogan “Spirited Energy.” When I heard about it a few hours before the official announcement, I did a Google Search on the term. There were at least 15,000 hits. It wasn’t something that they could honestly put a copyright on.

What I hope “Spirited Energy” was about:

• Foreign nationals - Manitobans - lobbying Washington politicians for favorable policies regarding trade, water rights etc, could generate some bad vibes.

• So Manitoba pays over $600,000 to a New York ad firm for a slogan.

• The ad firm assigns the job to an intern, who spends one morning creating the “Spirited Energy” campaign.

• The New York ad firm - really a lobbying firm - lobbies Washington for policies that just happen to be favorable to Manitoba.

What I suspect “Spirited Energy” was about:

• The NDP government pays over $600,000 to a New York ad firm for a slogan.

• The ad firm assigns the job to an intern, who spends one morning creating the “Spirited Energy” campaign.

• Come the next election, the ad firm provides services to the NDP party at a massive discount.

It’s the same thing with the federal Tories’ and “Strong, proud, free.”

Canada Day 2015 message: Get Ready to Send Your Children to War.
I expect DND wrote the outline.

1 Like

Yes, that’s another example of a government spending money on a slogan. It’s not quite the same thing as repackaging a party slogan as a government slogan, let alone cynically declaring something so obviously unrelated to security as a state secret. Which I will point out is what this is actually about, in case hiding it in the title of the article was too subtle.

4 Likes

I really want us to throw the Tories out in the next election. Though I have my reservations about both the Libs and NDP, I have hopes that one of them will prove to be at least at LITTLE bit less obviously evil than the Tories are.

1 Like

Neither could possibly be as evil as the Reform Party of Canada, now rebranded as the Conservatives.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.