Canadian libraricide: Tories torch and dump centuries of priceless, irreplaceable environmental archives

Unfortunately, it seems that we have come to a time where having the truth on your side doesn’t matter anymore. It’s all about power. Liberals/progressives/environmentalists don’t seem to have figured that out. Or they haven’t figured out how to fight back against gazillions of dollars of opposition and a willingness to stoop to any level.

I would disagree in that any time we lose historical evidence of this kind the foundation for future science is weakened slightly. During the USA’s recent budget stupidity (the gov’t shutdown brought on by that dickwad from TX), NPR had a story on how that shutdown would affect Antarctic research, and that scientist makes my point much better than me. Speaking about climate research happening down there:

"That project has been going for 21 years now. If we have a void in that project, we will have loss in long-term data integrity," Priscu says. "Any prediction we make on climate-based ecosystem change would be equivocal."
So any loss in data corresponds directly with a loss in overall integrity, and losing historical records like this undermines science as a whole.

I don’t think you’re disagreeing with me. As I agree entirely with your point.

I meant to get across the notion that destroying evidence will not stop climate change, and it won’t even change the debate significantly, aside from the distraction factor. Never underestimate the willingness of people to do anything to distract from debates that they will lose.

Unfortunately most Canadians are unaware that Canada ceased to be a sovereign nation when His Majesty’s Parliament of Canada signed the 1951 Peace Treaty with Japan. Canada became a member of the Allied forces of the UN as did all non-communist nations officially beginning the Cold War. His Majesty’s Parliament of Canada refused to ratify the 1947 Peace Treaties with Italy, Hungary, Romania and Finland signed by Great Britain, France, the USA and the USSR - Canada is listed simply as a “parti” to the treaties - His Majesty’s Parliament of Canada officially declared war on these countries as a newly sovereign nation (Statute of Westminster - 1931) yet was not able to sign the peace treaties nor create its own treaties. His Majesty’s Parliament of Canada’s last show of sovereignty was its refusal to ratify these treaties - I have digital copies of these treaties. “Book burning” is simply a further erasing of Canada as a once sovereign nation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.